Ah. TLF life. The tight quarters, the lack of toys, the need for adventure. A bird decided to help in our desperation. The kids had a door to the outside patio in their bedroom (I'm not sure who decided this was a good idea, but it wasn't). Said door was left open many times and one morning a bird decided to drop in for a visit. It was so exciting at first. Then the poor (dumb) bird could not figure out how to exit the room. It kept flying into the wall over and over and over. It bounced onto the bed, then onto the floor between side of the bed and the wall and finally found its way into the little space between the head of the bed and the wall.
Visions of this bird's demise and decomposition filled me with dread, so I took the room apart in an effort to get it out the door. You can see it just about the middle of this picture below. My first attempt to get the bird to flee resulted in its frenzied flight around the room and Bryant's shrieks of terror. After Bryant made his escape, the creature perched on the ottoman/bench that was positioned right by the open door and I thought for sure it would see the light and make its escape. But no. It flew right back into the little crevice between the head of the bed and wall. Ugh.
Bryant braved the exterior of the room on the patio and attempted to call the bird-I suppose he thought he was safe out there since this bird really didn't seem capable of finding the door. Though, the calling made it inch its way closer to the exit, it seemed afraid to venture out of the tight little corner. Bryant came back into the room with trepidation. When I asked him why he was coming back in if he was so afraid, he said, "I just can't look away!" Funny boy.
Desperate to be rid of the bird I got a broom. I sort of nudged it out of its corner and then tried to persuade it out the door with big sweeping motions in all directions but that. Finally the bird made its way out the door and promptly flew into the wall of the patio. Poor bird was having a rotten day.
But we all had something to get our hearts racing with excitement for the morning. I couldn't stop laughing about Bryant's reaction all day!



No comments:
Post a Comment