Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Heber Valley Camp 2016

My parents were able to reserve us a spot at their mission camp while we were in Utah and it was such a fun little excursion!  They have really loved serving there as missionaries.  We have all benefited by their service, but we are all anxious for them to be home full time!  I'm trunky for them! Only 6-ish more weeks!

While there we got to do a 30 foot swing/drop.  Before we got started we said hello to this little deer.

But then it was time to harness up!

Ethan got to help haul everyone up, up, up.

These were all taken with my phone, so I just put them all on here not sure if there are any great photos or not.

Bolton was one of the first.

Abe had lots of fun getting pushed back and forth on the swing.  He didn't go all the way up.





The swinger was so hard to capture, they would turn this way and that.  Jonas was trying to wave at me.

There he is!  Cute kid.

Levi all ready for action.  I don't think he liked the way all this stuff felt on him.

That's me!  One of the missionaries said she didn't think she'd ever seen anyone look so dainty on the swing before.  Ha!  That's a first for me!  I must be the way I point my toes.

Eliza kind of surprised us all by letting them pull her all the way up to the x 30 feet up.  She enjoyed the ride, for sure.




Finally, Ethan got a turn!



After the high course we headed to the lake.  One of the missionary couples when told our last name asked if we knew Kent, who is Ethan's uncle!  They have known Kent for a long, long time.  Such a small world!

The lake was gorgeous!  I think we were the only ones to do a peddle boat.  Everyone else braved the canoes.


A canoe would have been fun, but with this crowd, I think a peddle boat was a little more stable a choice.

These guys were the troublemakers of the group.  Jonas and Bryant kept splashing each other and anyone else they could.


Ah.


Sunday after church we were graced with some skit performances by the kids.  They were awesome.  And so funny.  I never knew Gavin was such a character!

During the skits we realised that Abe was missing (sound familiar?) and so we sent out a search party.  He was sitting on a toilet waiting for someone to wipe his bum.






Abe was watching with us when they were beating Jonas up and he really wanted to participate... he got up there right when they were all running away and he was pretty upset.

Milk.  It does a body good.



It also happened to be Miss Eliza's birthday!  We brought up some blue, blue frosting cupcakes to share.

I think its safe to say the kids enjoyed the frosting.


We loved our time at the camp with Sean and Heather and their family and with my parents!  I just love my family!

No comments: