Monday, August 01, 2016

First Week of June 2016

The first week of June started what would prove to be an extremely busy summer!  

June 2: School Family Picnic Day.  It was also the day of the AR assembly.  Levi got an award finally!  Reading wasn't high on his list this year for some reason.  

We were worried it was going to be super hot and miserable but were pleasantly surprised.  I didn't get many pictures because I was having such a nice time visiting with my friends.  Relationships are so important to me.  Leaving old friends can be so difficult, but I think its even harder to be left behind.  

Jonas saying, "Watch me whip!"




I started making my own peanut butter and decided to try these apple nachos one day.  They were yummy!

June 3, 2016:  Getting solar panels on our house!  I don't know why we did it, really.  Except that its environmentally good, we receive no benefit from them.  Although, it was nice when a solar salesman (one of hundreds that knocked on our door over the years) came to our door that I had the perfect excuse to close the door with a, "no thank you."


June 4, 2016: Field Day and the last day of school.  This day did end up being super hot and miserable.  The kindergarten teachers were smart and had water activities, then when inside.


Levi played four square like a champ!  But it was so hot!  Several teachers gave up on their field day activities and took kids inside.  When I first tried to find Eliza she had gone in to the nurse because of the heat.  She was fine, no worries.

"Earth and water, air and fire.  The worm digs deeper and the robin flies higher.  We're all part of one family, the earth and sun and you and me.  The earth and the sun and... you and me."  Parents and teachers couldn't hold back the tears.  Kindergarten was such a great place to be this year.

Mrs. Lowe was the best!

Time to go home!  Farewell Travis Elementary!


Of course, we couldn't go home without a celebratory ice cream cone!  Thanks for a great year!

 June 7, 2016: House prep.  I can't tell you the number of times I've heard the words, "But I don't like cleaning" come out of one of my kids mouths.  Every time I laugh because who likes cleaning, really?  I'm sure there are some people out there who do, but I am definitely not one of them.  In fact, getting our house to ready to leave was extremely hard on me.  This day I was especially productive and had to snap a picture of myself after cleaning out the fire pit.  Chim-chiminey, chim-chiminey, chim-chim-cherree.

1 comment:

Grandma Hoss said...

Too bad about how hot it was. Will the solar help when you try to sell the house? Too bad you didn't do it sooner so you could enjoy some savings. Love Mom