July 11, 2016 We decided to make dreams come true (and spend a fortune to boot) by taking the kids to Lagoon! They were so excited! We made arrangements to meet Richy & Kari with their adventurous kids (their timid kids stayed behind) as well as Sara and Luke & Nora (who have season passes).
We got there and had lunch first. Then we split up into older and younger kids. I took Abe and Bolton around with Sara and her kids. I had to laugh as we rode the Flying Dragon and Bolton was freaking out. He was sitting with some stranger little girl and he had his head tucked into her shoulder with his eyes shut tight. I never thought it would be a scary ride to anyone, but he hated it!
We went over to some smaller/slower rides after that. Bolton was a lot happier with these.
He was too big for the little boats, though!
So he rode on a helicopter while the littles sailed away.
But everyone else wanted a turn on the helicopters too, so Bolton got to go on it again. This time he shared a flying machine with Nora. They were so cute!
Sara kept offering to take my kids and send me over to my bigger kids, but I realised that even though I was missing out on some experiences with the big kids, I would be missing the magical experiences with the littles, so I hung out.
However, she was ready to leave the park before we were and she offered to take the little boys with her. So, when she left I sent them with her.
They were gone for a little while and I met up with Ethan and the big kids and Richy's family. The adults were all ready to be done with the big rides, but I was just getting started! The boys really wanted to take me on Cannibal after we had dinner. We went up and I was pretty nervous...then we started down the crazy thing and I was so worried I was going to lose my dinner. Thankfully I didn't and I was able to enjoy most of the ride. Then we rode several other rides that I wanted to try. They let me choose since I'd missed out on all the big rides so far. When they went on Rattlesnake Rapids Ethan and I paid to shoot them with a water gun and it was hilarious. My favourite ride was Air Race. It was so much fun!
Funny story: the first time they went on Cannibal Levi was really scared. He was strapped in and screaming (maybe not quite screaming but definitely freaking out). "I don't want to go. I wanna get off!" Richy said that the ride attendant was looking at him and Ethan wondering if they should let him off. When neither of them responded the ride started and the whole way up that huge elevator shaft type thing he continued to freak out. Then the doors opened up and they shot down the crazy hill. After that first downhill Ethan reports that he heard Levi screaming, "I can't believe I didn't want to ride this! This is the best ride everrrrr!!!" They all had a good laugh about that for the rest of the day.
















No comments:
Post a Comment