Eliza and I love it when the boys all go away together. We get to have our own party. This is the first year that we've been completely boy free because Abe went with the big boys. I told Ethan he didn't get a choice in the matter.
I let Eliza choose where we went to dinner and even though I knew the boys wouldn't be happy about it, we ended up at HomeTown Buffet. Her favourite parts were the chocolate milk, the slushies, and the jell-o.
The next morning we got up and headed to a paint your own pottery studio. I let her choose whatever she wanted that was around $10 or less. She chose this little puppy. I have to admit I wasn't thrilled with her choice, visions of it getting broken or covered in dust and just being a waste of money were my concerns but every "useful" item I suggested she politely declined in favour of this little puppy.
We really took our time and layered the paint like we were supposed to. She was so patient and even though we were there for at least 3 hours she never suggested that she was bored in any way. I loved spending that time with her! And she did a fantastic job! This is the puppy when she was finished painting but before firing.
Girl time was a big success this year! I wonder what fun adventures we'll have next year in Japan during the Father & Sons campout.
When I went to pick up the finished pieces after firing, the lady who owns the studio commented on how impressed she was with Eliza. She said that she is a natural, that very rarely does she see someone that age take so much time and pay such attention to detail. We were both glowing when we heard that! Love me sweet girl!




1 comment:
Eliza did great and so did you. Way to go Mom. You are always so wonderful with the things you do with the kids. What a ton of fun for the two of you. Love Mom
Post a Comment