Monday, August 01, 2016

Moving Out of the California House

Ugh.  Its still too fresh for this post.  As much as I love moving (which I really do) getting all our house cleaned up and ready to leave behind is the worst!

This move was difficult in a different way than we've ever experienced.  We had packers come for three different shipments.  One June 9 they packed/picked up our stuff that was going into long term storage.  The stuff we aren't taking to Japan.  

Then on June16 they came to pack/load our stuff that was coming in our quick shipment (unaccompanied baggage) and also our stuff that was coming on the slow boat (household goods).  Plus I had to get all the stuff packed for our 6 weeks+ of living out of suitcases.  These pictures don't quite do it justice, but it was a LOT.  Trust me.


The day the movers came over I was really feeling stressed.  Which doesn't make a lot of sense, really.  At that point I didn't have to do much.  It was just watch the packers put all our stuff in boxes and crates.  But I was feeling a lot of anxiety.  I posted this picture of myself eating ice cream out of the bucket on instagram with a caption indicating that it was too bad I didn't have chocolate....


For a couple weeks this is just how I felt.  Exhausted beyond compare.  I just crashed on the floor.

Day two of the movers at our house I had a special delivery... my friend's 14 year old son was at the door and he said, "My mom said you need this." He handed me the bag and darted back to the car.

Such a good friend!  I really enjoyed these!

While I turned to eating all the junk I could find, Ethan turned to Dr. Pimple Popper.  It is the grossest thing I've ever seen, I had to walk away and put my head between my legs.  I can't believe how woozy it made me!

That my friends, is evidence that we have a lot of stuff.

And then, just like that we were homeless and living in TLF (temporary living facility) on base.  It seems we end up there for Father's Day a lot.

These kids couldn't love their dad any more than they do.  We are all so lucky to have him!

Before we left California, we wanted to express our gratitude to some friends who helped us out.  I wish I could've had more time to deliver them to all the people I wanted to, but there just isn't enough time in the world to thank all the people who have blessed our lives!


And thus, our routine less summer took over.  The kids were excited about all the TV they got to watch.  And also living on base, close to friends and parks.  Oh, and getting ready to go to Utah and then eventually Japan!

Of course, we still had lots to work on the house.  We didn't really leave it alone until our renters were all moved in (we even helped them unload their truck).  Saying goodbye to our California home was bitter sweet.  We had a lot of great times in our home, but we are really looking forward to our new home and the new memories that we're going to create!


1 comment:

Grandma Hoss said...

I loved the pictures of you and Murphy sleeping on the floor. In fact all of the pictures were great. I totally understand the bitter sweet and looking forward to new experiences. I am looking forward to being home again. Love you tons. Mom