Monday, August 01, 2016

Operation Birthday Parties: Levi, Eliza, and Bolton 2016

Since we were moving and I'd let the older boys have a friend party for their birthdays I had to throw parties for the July kids as well.  The trouble was that we would be in Utah in July AND that I wouldn't have an easy way to invite their friends in the summer... so we opted for an early June celebration for them.  Levi had his party on June 7 and Eliza and Bolton shared a party the next day on June 8.

We went all out with decorations and food. Ha!  The best thing about a pool party is that I don't have to do too much.  We hired a lifeguard and let the kids have fun


 The boys loved the pool!




 Levi still chuckles at his awesomeness.


 The moms had fun on the sidelines chatting.

Levi had the brilliant idea to put his basketball hoop up.  Abraham was certainly glad!  Can't get that boy in the water!

Pizza and soda, my kids thought they'd died and gone to heaven.  Throw in all the watermelon they could eat and cake and ice cream.  It was a dream come true.




I really wanted Ethan to be there with me, so we had to have the parties in the evening at dinner time.  It made it a little chilly for swimming, but the big kids didn't seem to mind.
 

Bolton's face.




Bryant's face.


"Just a few more minutes... please!"



"Thanks for inviting me to your party.  See you... probably never again," (The life of a military child~we actually saw him two more times by chance on base before we left California)

"What colour is my tongue?"




Make a wish, Levi!



Party Numero Dos.  Eliza and Bolton.  Eliza had only one friend that ended up being able to come.  But thankfully it was her best friend and she had a blast!  Bolton had lots of little buddies from kindergarten come.








The day was a little cooler and the littler kids weren't that interested in being the water very long.
 


Thank goodness balloons are just as exciting as a pool for these guys!





 Time for cake!  Yay!!!






Levi found a little buddy in his crush's little brother.


 





Bolton's friends made him these awesome cards!  I laughed and laughed over this one: The awesome friend that I trust is my BFF Bolton!  Forcefield of friendship (with both of them in it).

And this one came with a 5 year old created coloured pencil pocket! His mom said he just came up with it and brought it over to her after he'd finished making it.  Pretty darn clever!

He was pretty excited about the money!

Twinners!


 I found Bolton in bed asleep that night with his money dangling from his fingertips.  So funny I had to run to grab my phone to take a picture!

The kids made some great friends in California.  They will miss them, but they will make new friends in Japan that will be awesome as well!

1 comment:

Grandma Hoss said...

That last pictures is sooooooo cute. I would have ran for my phone too. All of the pictures were great. What awesome parents you and Ethan are. Your children are all very blessed to have you both. Hugs and Kisses for all. OOOOOOOO XXXXXXXX Mom