Saturday, December 29, 2018

September 2018: Random

We get earthquakes all the time here.  Most of the time we only feel them if we're holding really still or maybe we notice the things on the wall start to sway.  One day we had a pretty good one hit.  I came into my room and found the glass from our light fixture had shaken itself loose with the quake.  

I chopped my hair again.  My friend did it for me and she was surprised with how much hair there was.  She wasn't sure if she'd ever cut so much hair in one sitting. I love the look, but wish I didn't have to do so much to it now... I miss braiding and buns.


Cute boys.

Sports were in full swing during September.  Bryant was doing Cross Country, Bolton and Abe were doing soccer and I was coaching Bolton's team with a friend.  One good thing about all the evenings out was the opportunity to see the lovely sun sets so frequently.

Bryant's first race of the season.  He shed 1 min 29 seconds from his PR his freshman year!  We were all super impressed.


Doing yoga.

Fisher figured out how to eat from a pouch.

Eliza and I both got new glasses at the mall.  We stopped by our favorite place in the mall to celebrate and snap a picture.  Seriously, I will miss all the bakery options we have in Japan.

More Cross country.  This one was a downpour and another PR.  19:59.7


Eating a picnic dinner in the car between practices and a youth activity that the family was invited to.



The youth activity... ultimate frisbee showdown between the young women and the young men!

 I didn't get any great photos.  But the young men won. Handily. Both games.





Our sport's announcer. Ha!

The whole ward was invited to attend actually.  It was a really fun night.

The boys wanted to dump the ice water on the bishop and enlisted the help of one of their leaders to chase him down.  He totally tackled him.  It was crazy.


Bishop was a good sport, at least.

We took Eliza, Bolton, and Abe to the elementary school's fall festival.  Eliza is on the student council so she ran off to help with their booth and Ethan and I just had such a pleasant time going around with the boys.  So much better than having bored teenagers complaining and a busy baby boy to keep track of.

They were eager to do as many games as possible.  Including, but not limited to:
Pin the mustache on the jack'o'lantern.




Putt-putt, hole in one golf.




Monster mouth bean bag toss.




Toilet paper toss.




I don't know what to call this one.  But you get the idea.


They got snow cones and popcorn, too.
 Eliza was running the cake walk booth and Abraham even went home with a cake.  It was the most fun I can ever remember having at something like that.  It really helped that we went expecting to spend money (since it was a fundraiser) and we didn't have to pay for all the kids to do stuff.  Just the 2 who really got excited about it all.

One day Abe was pirate Iron Man.

And on dress like your favorite superhero day, Bryant was the MC Bat Commander.

Another gorgeous sunset after soccer practice.


I don't remember why I took this picture, but we had pancakes for dinner.  Everyone was happy.

Fisher and I have been playing with these blocks a lot.  Its always funny how kids forget they like toys until they see someone else playing with them.  Abe took over building this awesome kingdom.


Family Home Evening activity: arm wrestling.  Jonas is a strong guy, but he is so bad at arm wrestling.  Its hilarious!


I got put back in the boot after being in such horrible pain for a few weeks after I started walking when the kids went back to school.  They wanted me to get an MRI, hoping to see if they could see what's wrong with my posterior tibial tendon.  Unfortunately, we weren't able to get me in until after my 6 weeks in the boot was up.

Homecoming week was the last week of the month.  The kids got to participate in the parade.  Jonas and Levi get to play in the high school band even though they're in middle school.  This is the first time the school has had a marching band.  It was pretty hard and lots of work, but they did great!


 Levi's name came through with the 7th grade student council, he's the president. But he was busy marching, so I just pics of his friends... fun fact: all the officers and the advisor all go to our church.


Bryant marched/ran with the cross country team, of course.


There he is!  He really loves cross country.

The boys all bought tickets to go to their dances as well.  Jonas and Levi looked so dapper together.




Bryant decided to make a mask to where to the high school masquerade.  Funny guy.


 Fisher hit the jackpot when I cleaned out the fridge.



 He loves to be with mom and dad.  Even if they're trying to be lazy on a Saturday morning.




 The school didn't have a homecoming football game (we didn't have enough players for a football team at that point).  So the cross country and volleyball home meets/games had to represent.  Our family all came over to cheer Bryant on.  This was right at the starting/finish line and was home to many tadpoles and frogs.  It was a frequent stop on bike rides and walks for these kids.

 Fisher was a good sport to hang out with us while we waited.



We saw a runner coming toward us... could it be a racer already on his way back??

Nope.

It was Ethan!

Funny posers.


Dragon flies are so photogenic.

Here they come!

Go Bryant! Go!


Team photo.




Hanging out in the foyer at church.




"I really want the phone, Mommy!"


"Someone holding me is just as good, I guess."


Most Sundays after church there is a big crowd around Fisher.  He's a celebrity around here.

I mean, why wouldn't he be? Ha.

1 comment:

Grandma Hoss said...

Earth Quakes are scarrrrry. I love your hair, but I know what you mean. I too miss my long hair. Way to improve Bryant again and again. Way to go Fisher on eating new food ways. I love both of your new glasses. What a fun ward and school activity. Beautiful sunset. 2 handsome young men. Oh this is sooooooo good mom. Thanks for cleaning the fridge. Fisher is so adorable no wonder everyone wants to be around him at church. All my love to you and yours. Mom