Ethan had a conference to attend in the states and I was planning to go with him...however, we just could not feel good about our plans. Until one day when I suggested that we take the kids with us, visit family in Utah for a bit of time and let the kids hang out in Utah while Ethan and I went to Texas for the conference. We fasted and prayed and finally were able to make reservations... hooray! We have a flight that leaves our base and flies into Seattle once a week that we could hopefully get on, it ended up being on Fisher's birthday. We realized that because of our travel across the international date line, Fisher's birthday would be the longest birthday imaginable.
How is this little cutie already one??!
On the plane! And there are screens! Yay!
Fisher got strapped in to the car seat and slept a good chunk of time, another blessing.
Funny enough, we decided to buy a car seat before this trip so he could face forward while we flew... we got one at a Japanese recycle shop. But it was way up high on a shelf and we had to have someone help us get it down. By the time we could actually see it up close we realized it wasn't what we're used to (no chest buckle/5 point harness) but we felt like we had to buy it anyway. So we did...but they wouldn't allow us to take it on the plane... so I had to run to the furniture store and buy a different car seat that was up to US standards. But he was comfortable enough to sleep (and not in my arms!) so that's what really mattered to me!
Even though they had screens at each seat, the selection for kids on those screens was terribly limited. They got bored quickly.
BUT... bored or not, we made it across the expansive Pacific Ocean!
We flew to Utah from Seattle and Ethan's sister was so kind to come pick us up!
I had arranged for a big family party (with both mine and Ethan's families) for Fisher's birthday. I had people bringing/making food to Ethan's parent's house where we would all gather. My sister (in law) was so nice to make Fisher's birthday cake! Can you tell what we decided on for a theme?
Does this other food give you any more clues?
Fishing! I know, how did I come up with it? Ha. Fisher got to play with his little cousin, Charlotte.
I think they both had other things to do...
I brought a ton of stuff from Japan so we could do a fishing pond with the cousins. It turned out to be a big hit. I had so much fun giving stuff out, I felt like Santa Clause. Stickers...
Tiny lego like blocks...
Tiny origami paper... to name a very few.
I had to get a picture of the master baker with the birthday boy!
And for his smash cake, we just used a cupcake. No one really paid any attention to him at this point besides me. It was kind of funny to think back on Bryant's first birthday and the stark difference.
He did a great job making a mess.
I just love our families.
Present time.
While Fisher won't remember his party, I think the rest of my kids will for.a long, long time. We have the best families who are willing to come see us and spend time with us when we can get to their state. We really appreciate any and all time we get to spend together.
It was a really long birthday! But it was fitting to celebrate him for so long because he makes us all feel so grateful be joined our family all the time. We adore him.






























1 comment:
Happy, happy birthday Fisher. That was a wonderful birthday. He got to see tons of his loved ones on his special day. I for one am thankful that you decided to bring the family. We loved having you all here. And we finally got to see and hold Fisher in person. Love you tons. Mom
Post a Comment