Saturday, December 29, 2018

October 2018 Random

Another month and another bunch of photos!  The band got to play at a pep rally at the high school.  Jonas has the opportunity to play the French horn this year because they had so many trumpets and only one French horn.  Our teacher says it will help with his marketability for music scholarships to have multiple instruments in his skill set.  

Levi continues to thrive on saxophone.


Fisher had his 11 month photo shoot.  Oh, I love him!



 Soccer!  Abe is a riot all the time, but give him permission to run around  with a bunch of little boys and girls and its a whole new level!

I ordered this dress online and finally got to wear it.  It's so bright and a little overwhelming.

Fisher's favorite toy is my phone in selfie mode.  I love finding his little photos on my phone.

All that soccer in the evening and I got some nasty bites.  The worst is that we have these vicious black flies that live in the grass and take a little chunk of flesh and the bite itches like nothing else...This bite was unbearable!

Eliza wanted her hair done all fancy like with sponge curlers.  It turned out so lovely.



Fisher started pulling himself up to the furniture around 7 months and he just refused to let go.  Even when I try to hold his hands, he only walked sideways. Ha.... I wanted to find him a little push walking toy to get him to walk forward and this one was perfect.  He loves it!



Fisher developed an appetite for all the things.


Ethan was pretty excited that we got invited to go to Range Day.  It's a really awesome day where we get to see planes drop bombs and other cool stuff.

Fisher was kind of fussy until I started feeding him cheerios one by one.

We continued with the cheerios until he stopped opening his mouth because, lo and behold, he was sound asleep despite the noise.

Several of the classes at the elementary were able to attend the event as well.  Bolton was one of the lucky few!  They also had some fun activities for the kids, including this awesome face paint.


Fisher got a big kick out of it.




Out to eat at Pia Sappido again.  Carbo loading for Ethan before his Triathlon.

Ethan, Bryant and Levi all participated in a triathlon that the Boy Scout troop helped put on.  Our scoutmaster has such big ideas and the boys were excited to help make his dream come to fruition.  There was an olympic length tri and a half (or sprint) length.  1 mile swim, 24 miles bike, 6.2 mile run for the full length.  Ethan took 3rd place for the full length.  Bryant took 2nd place in the male category for the half and Levi took 3rd.  They kept the size of the race really small, so this was pretty much all the contestants for both races, the scouts who worked it and some of the supporters and young men's leaders.



 Our winners.  I was totally not a good wife and mom and missed being there when they all crossed the finish line.  Boo to me!


 Its the real deal!

General Conference is always a favorite weekend at our house.  I think the ice cream party at the end is something we all look forward to.





This time we added an order form to make it a little easier to keep track of everything they wanted.


School pictures came back.  I didn't order them, but I snapped pictures of the sample.




Ethan, Fisher and I tried a new restaurant in town.


I love this look on Ethan's face.

 Fisher is so curious about everything.

We had a ward Halloween party early in the month...

This was the most hilarious costume of the night.  The other optometrist in the clinic showed up dressed as Major Woodbury.

Bolton wanted to be Luke Skywalker with a blaster.

Abe dressed like a frontiersman.

 Ethan was Steve Erwin with his own little crocodile.



Eliza was a fairy butterfly princess.

Eating out, trying a new place at the mall... it was AMAZING!


Then we tried some new Baskin Robbins flavors.  Ethans was an apple pie flavor.

Mine was a grape sorbet something.  So delicious.


I made doughnuts for a FHE treat!  



I seriously love making doughnuts!  They are so lovely!

And I finally finished a baby quilt.  I really love the way it turned out.


Sushi dinner.  So delicious!

Toward the end of the month I volunteered to work during the Far East Bazaar.  I fell in love with a couple of the artists' work.  This one is amazing, he creates masterpieces completely out of different types of wood.

 I ended up buying several things from an amazing artist who is married to my physical therapist.  She is not only an awesome artist, but she is an incredible lady.  I just love her and having some of her work in my home brings me so much joy.

The tea box between the chairs, so lovely.

She also painted the blueberry crate, the fox bag and the two eyeballs.  I also found a stunning card. And I bought a print of one of the wood pieces.  I spent way too much money...but I love all this stuff so much.

1 comment:

Grandma Hoss said...

Ok there were a ton of wonderful things in this post. Some of my favorite were Bolton & Fisher with Bo's face painted. Too Cute! Ethan's friend dressed as him. Eliza's beautiful hair. Cute picture of mom and Fisher. Ice cream treats etc. I loved the whole post. Thank you. Much love mom