Abraham's birthday happened to be on the same day as the National Day of Mourning for Pres. George H.W. Bush so Dad got to spend the day with us! We were supposed to have our friend's with us, but their dad got the day off too. We made last minute plans to get friends together at the indoor playground on base, but then remembered that with the day off... it would be closed, too. So we just had a family celebration.
Abe got to choose where we went to eat for dinner. His choice: Cheese Roll House! We stuffed our bellies with cheese rolls, gyoza, and yakisoba. Hmmm. I love all these faces.
He wanted a candy cane cake with Santa on it... It sure tasted good, despite the marshmallow Santa not being very stable. Ha. He really wanted a sleigh and he got that!
He got some beyblades and a Darth Vader mask/voice changer.
And what he was most excited about... MONEY!
I adore this 6 year old more than I can possibly say.
And a close-up...
Abe's teacher has the kids provide snacks for the whole class for a week at a time. Abe's week was the week of his birthday but since the school was closed on the actual day (and I had extra kids the other days of the week) I took treats in to his class on Friday. I brought in swig sugar cookies and they were delicious. The kids got to sing to him and he received the special birthday hat.
He was really happy and I was so glad that I had the opportunity to do this for him.



















2 comments:
Happy Birthday Abe. Looks like you had a great birthday. Did you like your special box that grandpa made for you? We love you. Grandma Holliday
Sweet Baby Aby! Not a baby anymore but just as sweet as ever!
Love, J
Post a Comment