November flew by! Being gone for the first third of the month really made for a short month! We got back just in time for Parent Teacher conferences. I got to visit with all the elementary kids' teachers and they are all doing really. I was a little surprised when Bolton's teacher went on and on about how he is excelling in every way in class. He is a hard little worker and couldn't love his teacher any more if we paid him to.
Eliza's teacher had great things to say about her, too. Although, she wanted to talk more about herself as a teacher than about Eliza as a student, it seemed.
I have to admit I was worried about going to Abe's classroom. Not worried about his behavior in class, but I feel like I'm failing him because we rarely get his homework all turned in. His teacher gives it to us on a Monday and then wants it returned 2-3 weeks later on a Friday. I have been terrible at remembering to get it in his backpack! Thankfully, she was so kind and understanding when I visited with her. She said if Abraham wasn't already so advanced in class, she might be more worried about the homework, but as it is, he is doing so well.
She also gave me this little placemat that Abraham wrote for Thanksgiving. The teacher's aid was helping him spell the words he wanted to write and he was adamant that this was all he wanted to say. The teacher said, "I think I've got a little minister in my class." It made me tear up, for sure. I'm thankful for the Book of Mormon, too, Abraham.
Fisher and I enjoy our time together. We talk to Grandma and Grandpa most mornings and he's developed quite a love for photos on the phone.
Another area Bolton excelled at during the first quarter! Way to go Bo!
The band and choir perform in between cakes being auctioned off. I love seeing/hearing my kids perform.
We all enjoyed the performances.
Bundled up and ready to walk home.
We got some snow! The kids were so excited and went out to play as soon as we'd let them. Poor Fisher got left behind, but know that the kids love to pull him around the house in this thing, so he went right to it and waited.
We put the Christmas tree up after Thanksgiving. The kids decorated it and Abe couldn't handle any of the tinsel being left in the box... it ALL had to be on the tree.
Bolton got to put the tree on top and Jonas was eager to be the height behind the magic.
But the star was being difficult for Bolton, so Jonas took over.. don't worry, he's not on Bolton's shoulders.
He really likes to climb into things. And he knows he cute.
At the end of the month, I was blessed to have the opportunity to do some service for a friend in the ward so she could do some service for her family. Her sister in law was having a baby and needed some extra help, so she left her kids with her husband, another friend, and me. We tried to have fun with these creative and energetic kids. Coloring, creating, video gaming, eating... all the good stuff.
My favorite was when one of the kids asked if this weird object was a jail for when Fisher is naughty! Ha! They are bright and curious and it was a blessing to have them here.

























2 comments:
Kim you are a sweetheart. I am so impressed by all you do and say. I am so proud of the woman, wife and mother that you are. You are a great example for me to follow. Thank you. Mom
Abe's thankful note....what a treasure!!! All the rest...FREAKIN AWESOME! Except that poor eye. Doggone! I hope you have answers soon!
Lots of love!
J
Post a Comment