Friday, December 28, 2018

July 2018 Random

I just love these random photos of my family.  We have so much fun together, even if is not all sunshine and roses all the time.  

A few food photos for your viewing pleasure.  Eliza wanted a picture of this awesome melon (its name, of course).

The famous square watermelon... only in Japan (as far as I know).  These things sell for around $50!

A unique kind of burger... rice bun and sliced pork deliciously flavored.  Only at Mos Burger.


These two happy faces make me smile.



I created a super fun reading Bingo program for each person in our family.  One of Bolton's squares was to read under a tree so one morning when I was asked by a friend to stay at her house in case the movers showed up (they did) while she ran some errands, I had to snap this picture of him completing it.  He is such a cutie!

 A visit to the mall must include a stop to the toy store to play.

Jonas got a Bingo!  or two and was so happy to get the prize!

My dear friend had. a birthday and invited the whole ward, as well as several other friends, to come celebrate at the beach with her.  It was quite the party.  The fog was SO thick! I wouldn't let the kids anywhere near the water this time.  Luckily there was plenty of cake, fire,  and friends to keep them occupied.

The birthday girl.  I'm so lucky to have her!

 A rare Kim sighting.

Black sand=black feet.

Sparklers!





Cute Fisher got some Japanese summer clothes... he also got grumpy. Ha.

No idea why he's wearing the coonskin cap, but boy is he cute!

Levi and I had a date out for one his rewards for Bingo!  We went to one of my favorite restaurants.  How could I not love an all you can eat bread place.

And throw in some cheese fondue... yes, please!

Then Levi wanted to get a dessert crepe.  He was sorely disappointed in though.  Apparently he doesn't like whipped cream.

Exploring the mall was fun.

Fisher learned to climb.


Meanwhile Ethan spent a few weeks in Vanuatu doing eye exams and making the world a better place.


We spent a day at the Misawa Aerospace and Science Museum with some friends.


 The kids had lots of fun, but just like most things in our life these days, it was more fun experimenting with Fisher.



One night Abe wanted to have a sleepover with Eliza and Bolton.  When we finally went to bed around 11 pm I peeked in on them and found Abe wide awake while the other two slept peacefully on the messy floor. Poor guy.  Ha!

I love these two buddies.

Sunset over Lake Ogawara.  Serene.

Another sad baby in Japanese summer festival clothes.

His frown turned upside down when Daddy came home!


Pure joy from all of us!

Bolton started cub scouts and for their first event he got to participate in they did a beach clean up.  Apparently he was a very hard worker and filled more bags than any other scout.  Four, if I remember correctly.

The clean up crew at the end of the night.

Eliza had some health issues that we had to go to the doctor about.  We didn't really get answers before her symptoms subsided, but hopefully all is well and we won't have a recurrence.

We celebrated Harry Potter's birthday at he club on base.  It was advertised in such a way that we expected it to be amazing.  Unfortunately, like many things at the club on base, it was poorly executed, understaffed, and a let down in many ways.

The kids all got to participate in a race to the triwizard cup through maze... Levi won.

So did Jonas.

And finally, Bolton.

The birthday cake they expected to feed all the hundreds of people that came. Ha!  Such a joke.

The search for the horcruxes was kind of fun.





Summer reading continued.  Jonas and Levi both discovered a love for The Lord of the Rings.  Amazing how motivating a movie night can be.

Fisher loves music!  Like, really loves it.  He sings, he dances, and anytime an instrument is around he's eager to have a chance to play it.

He also loves food.  A lot.


1 comment:

Grandma Hoss said...

What a fabulous post. Square watermelons who would of thought. The burger looked good. Loved the two smiling boys. I also loved Bolton under a tree reading. The ice cream Jonas was eating looked so good. I love ice cream too. So sad Fisher, but so cute. Your and Levi's date looked like fun. Was that the bread place in the mall that dad and I loved? Fisher is just like his mother when it comes to climbing so young. And the pictures of him at the air museum are adorable. Not to mention how cute he was when daddy came home. Good for Bolton picking up the most trash to clean the beach. Sorry the Harry Potter party was kind of a flop. Fisher really does love music and eating. Love you all tons. Mom