Sunday, December 30, 2018

Fall 2018 Trip to Utah: Random Fun

One thing we wanted to do as much as possible while we were in the states was visit the temple!  We started our temple trips with baptisms at the Bountiful Temple.  Spencer was able to join us!  It was Levi's first time doing baptisms for the dead and it was awesome.

After the temple, we stopped in Farmington to do some shopping!  It was so exciting to find clothes that fit and that didn't cost a fortune and that I really like.  Ha.  When we got back to Scott and Jane's we found the younger crowd raking leaves in the back yard.

It was funny because they were pulling them all away from the trees and out into the middle of the yard.  So much more work than they needed to do! But they didn't think of it as work, they were having fun!

Gathered around a screen, what else in new?

That evening we went to dinner with my siblings.  We tried out a barbecue joint in downtown Ogden.  My dad really liked it.


I ordered this salad.  It was only OK.

Dennis, who is doing the Keto diet was in heaven...Heather, who is vegetarian was not.

Silly husband.

The next day we hung out at my parent's house.  It was torture waiting for cousins to come hang out with us.  But then they did and it was a dream come true.

Wrestlemania on the stairs!







Don't worry, no one got hurt too badly.

That night Ethan and I headed out to spend the evening with his siblings.  We got take out from a local barbecue joint and played games.  We played reverse charades and laughed and laughed and laughed.  We had such a blast!

We started the next day with a trip to the Brigham City temple for more baptisms with more cousins.  We didn't know where we were supposed to enter or park, so we got there a little after the rest of the crew.  My mom snapped this photo of us before going in.




We found quite the crowd in the baptistry (which has its own fancy entrance down in this underground parking lot).  It was really neat doing baptisms with all these young people.  I love them.


I also really love the Temple.  There is such a beautiful feeling of peace there.  I know that it is the place we can draw closer to God than any other on earth.  The spirit is so strong, I can't help but feel overwhelming happiness when I get to be there.

Later that day we went to see Porter and Paige in their school musical, Newsies!  They did a phenomenal job and we were all so impressed!

On Sunday we went to church with Ethan's mom and got to be in the ward with so many people that Ethan knew from his childhood/youth.  That was really neat for him... funny story... no one told me that his mom went to a different church building than last time we visited so when Ethan and I got separated on the freeway I just drove to her former building and went in and sat down with the few kids I had with me... but looking around I didn't recognize anyone!  I knew that I should recognize at least some people, so I asked if I was in the right ward and after talking to a few different people I learned that I was not and I had to try to figure out which of the 3 other buildings in town I should go to... I was stressed at this point, but someone was able to tell me which building and I was blessed that I was able to drive right to it!  It was a nice Sunday.

1 comment:

Grandma Hoss said...

This brings back some fond memories. Loved all of the pictures. Loved being able to go to the temple with those I love. Can't wait until we can do it again. Much love. Mom