Thursday, August 04, 2011

She's Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray!

We celebrated Miss Eliza's birthday a day early this year because the big day landed on the Sabbath. We invited some friends over for cake and ice cream and swimming. Since we started late afternoon, we had cake and ice cream first, so there was less chance of spoiling dinner.

She wanted a cake with flowers... pink, purple and magenta. That was her request. I started down one path and remembered my friend Jenni's daughters birthday cake and quickly changed my mind. This is what I ended up with. I love how it turned out! And Eliza did too, which is what really matters.
And how old is she, you ask, she's very good at telling you.
Then we all headed out to the pool and had a rocking good time!



Boys will be boys (although the girls did get in on the flying action as well).

Back flip!
That boy (Bryant) got some serious air. He is such a little flying fish. Its awesome.
And the birthday girl loved all the fun in her honor. Thanks friends for coming, don't know what we'd do without you!!!

9 comments:

Devin & Amanda said...

I love that cake! So cute! You are so talented... And how adorable is Eliza???

kate said...

that cake is really beautiful kim. and what a beauty eliza is too. that pool looks like the best family togetherness purchase ever!

Grandma Hoss said...

I have to agree with Kate. The cake is beautiful, Eliza is beautiful and that pool is the best family togetherness ever. I love that you all enjoy being in the pool so much. The boys are becoming fish. How is Levi doin with his swimming? Are you going to put Levi & Eliza in swimming lessons? Eliza has on a different swim suit than I have seen her wear. The only thing that would have made this better is if dad & I were there enjoying in the fun.

Love you tons. Mom

Lori said...

holy cow. that cake is amazing! can't believe its already been 3 years. happy birthday, little girl!

Carrie said...

I think it's unanimous - that cake is beautiful! Is it just a bunch of swirly flowers all over? Like what you do on top of a cupcake? I so want to copy that.

I love the pool pictures. What a fun birthday!

Kim-the-girl said...

Yes, Carrie. That is all it is. SUPER easy and pretty and impressive. My kind of cake. :)

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Ohhhh, Thee Cake!!! Wow! It looks like you are raising some little water babies! I love it!!! Yup, it's the best purchase you never made!

love, J

Westergard Family said...

Can't believe she is 3 our girls are getting big!

Shiree said...

Beautiful cake and an even more beautiful little girl! You are good at parties Kim. You are just a super fun lady! (I hardly ever have parties because I am not a fan of hosting them)