Every year the Med Group has a family picnic that we always go to. Honestly, every year I wonder why we go! There is never enough seating, its super hot (with no shade), and by the time we get through the line with all our kiddos all the good food is gone. But this year was different! They had it at this fabulous location with more space, more shade, and even a pool. They also had lots more activities for the kids than ever before. It actually felt like a picnic for the family (and not just the airmen).
This year they also had a dessert war. I decided to enter and made these yummy confections. S'mores cupcakes. Super chocolatey cupcakes, filled with marshmallow creme, topped with melted milk chocolate, dipped in graham cracker crumbs and finally topped with a marshmallow. Put it all under the broiler to toast that baby, but keep an eye on it (we've started a little fire toasting marshmallows on the broiler~ I did 4 at a time). Then enjoy. They didn't win, but they were winners to us. I bet they will be to you too. YUM!
Swimming.
Balloon toys.
A huge tire swing.
Face Painting spectacular.
And a bouncy house obstacle course to boot.
Thanks Med Group for a fun afternoon, we had to take the kids away kicking and screaming. I'd say that's a good measure for success.
10 comments:
What recipe did you use for your cupcakes? Or did you use a box mix? Looks delicious!
Oh yes, yummmmm, those look to die for!!!!!
When I see the pictures of Eliza I almost think it's Amelia. I love it. Yes we need to get together again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like Levi's painted face the best, hilarious.
Love y'all!!!
Kim that looked like you should have had a blast. The cupcakes sound heavenly. I love all of the face painting pictures. That tire swing looked like it would be tons of fun. Swimming & a great obstical course bouncing house. What fun. Was the food good? I love all of the pictures, and the tale. Thank you.
Love you all tons. Mom
oh boy, those cupcakes look dangerously delicious. i love your painted frames and am excited to see ALL your projects! you are a can-do woman, kim! i don't think there is a creative project you couldn't do, and do well.
"How much is that doggie at the picnic?" The one that matches the personality of the little boy wearing it? SO CUTE! Levi's face really made me smile. The others did too, but that is SO Levi!
HOW COULD S'MORE CUPCAKES NOT WIN??? I do not understand!! What a party!!!
Love, JTmil
I have to echo Jane- if those smore cupcakes didn't win, what the heck did? Those look awesome. How do you fill them? I really want to make some.
It looks like they put someone with actual children in charge of the planning this year, eh? Looks like it was a lot of fun!
Cali, I used a Devil's Food cake mix, but added a whole bunch of stuff. I'll try to remember my concoction and email it to you if you're interested. Pudding, cocoa, flour, sugar, extra egg, vanilla.
Jane, the winner was a Ghiradelli Strawberry Pie.
Adrienne, I filled them with marshmallow creme that I added a drop or two of liquid smoke to. I used the Wilton cupcake filling tip. I love it, its so easy to use. HOWEVER, the creme was extremely difficult to get out... so I don't know if there's a better way...
And we have a Mormon Med Group Commander now, so I think its safe to say someone with kids was in charge! I made sure to tell him what a success it was when I saw him at church too!
send me one of those cupcakes! MMmmmmm that looks good!!!
I am so scared for you guys! Eliza is sooooo incredibly gorgeous! I know you are going to have to keep all those boys of yours busy keeping the boys away from her! shes just enchanting!!! looks lik eyou guys enjoyed some fun!!
We use to have the same sort of an over-crowded, not as kid-friendly med group picnic and I felt the same way as you. But wow- I'm so glad they switched it up for yours- what a fun time!
Post a Comment