Finally at 7 we ventured out of our room and turned on some Christmas tunes. I checked the kids' rooms to see if anyone was awake yet and I had one little boy staring in awe out his window at the snow covered back yard. It was sweet. I poked my head in and said, "Merry Christmas Jonas!" and he got the biggest grin on his face like he just realized that it was actually finally Christmas morning. He started getting out of bed and changing into his jammies (yes, you read that right... see Christmas Eve for the full story). He was all to eager to wake all the other kids, it was great!
I made the boys each a winter hat because I've never done anything like that for them since they've been old enough to remember... isn't that sad? This mom will do better from now on.

I love that I captured Eliza showing her new sock monkey to her dad. Isn't she sweet?
Jonas was so thrilled to get his GI Joe. Its basically the only thing he really asked for. And while all the kids were setting up all sorts of other stuff and playing with a variety of things he just sat and played with his new GI Joe, for at least a couple hours. It made me happy to see him so enthralled.
Bryant was also super excited about getting his new skateboard. He wrote a note to Santa for school that said, "Dear Santa, I would like a skateboard, a wii, and a new puppy." It was fun to be able to get the kids something they really wanted.
And everyone really loved the skateboard. :)
The boys all got some different car track things that set up all together. The best part about this toy is the daddy time that comes along with it. Nothing better!
After a few hours of playing with all the cool, new stuff we decided to open the big gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Woody. As you'll see below they are awesome! We highly recommend them to everyone. Too much fun! It was really funny watching all our neighbors faces as they passed by while we were out riding them. We got a lot of laughs and even had a few come over to try them out.


Oh and later even still we had a fashion show of sorts with a couple of the kids sporting their new digs. Jonas had a super cute grin on his face the first time I tried to take his picture... but my silly camera was on the wrong setting so this is what we got from there on out. Grandma Hoss made this awesome sweater in Gryffindor colors special for Jonas. He loves it and looks so handsome... (the hat I made him is in coordinating colors and is tied around his neck).
It was a very laid back day. Full of playing, relaxing, and just enjoying being a family. Just what it should have been. We sure love these kids and all the fun and joy they bring into our lives.
8 comments:
What a fun Christmas!
I had a dream on Saturday night that we lived next door to you guys, and half way through I though, "If we live next door, why aren't our kids playing together?" and that's when I sent Alyssa over to see if they could play. It would fun to live by you guys!
I can't believe how late your kids slept in! Our kids are always up by 6:00--Christmas being NO exception! I love that you started with a prayer--what a wonderful idea. I'm going to have to remember that for next year.
I had to wake my kids up Christmas morning too! Looks like you had a great day. And the snow is awesome! I miss Texas like crazy.
Wow! It looks like you had a fantastic Christmas. Love the hats they look great on the kids. Did you make one for Eliza? Jo looks too cute in his hat & sweater. What the Woodbury's sent are awsome. Eliza is darling in her new outfit. And I think that how you started Christmas was perfect. What is a Chicken Saltimbocca?
Love you tons
Mom Holliday
SO MUCH FUN!... I am in awe at how big Eliza is.. I think I just forget that they grow up when I'm not there to see it :) She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I also think those hats you made the boys are so cute!! I like the pattern a lot :) Thanks for sharing with us a glimpse of your Christmas :)
Love ya!
Erin
Thank you!!! THank you!!! THank you!!! for sharing your Christmas with us!! WE WERE SO MISSING YOU!!! You DO have such beautiful amazing children. They continue to delight me! The hats and sweaters are ...wow...a lot of work...but so cute on those kids!!!
I have been doing homework all week and haven't checked the blog world. What a nice surprise all this was!!! LOVE!!! JTMIL
ps....those wiggle bikes look like too much fun! I may have to get my own! love, again, JTMIL
Oh man, I hate it when I buy the wrong cut of meat! My kids absolutely love those wiggle things. I've been tempted to buy them before, but wasn't sure how well they would work on a non-smooth surface. You'll have to keep us updated on how well it works.
Post a Comment