Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Christmas Eve in Texas

We had our own special Christmas miracle show up Christmas Eve morning... SNOW!!! The kids were beyond excited! They bundled up and went out to play as soon as possible. And I'll tell you, its a good thing they bundled up, it was COLD! The wind was blowing so with the snow coming "down" it was more like coming "across", as in horizontal. As you can see in these first couple pictures the coverage isn't that great on our grass...

...but here, its deep enough to make an honest to goodness snow angel.
Bryant was our biggest snow bunny (what do you call a snow boy?). He lasted the longest in the morning.
Later in the afternoon Jonas just didn't believe that he needed long pants, a coat, or shoes! Crazy kid would got out for about 30 seconds and come back in crying about how much his hands hurt and how cold he was.
These are Ethan's legs in the deepest part of our drift. Its about halfway up his manly shins, not bad for Texas.



We spent most of the afternoon watching videos. The kids watched Elf and then they begged Dad to let them watch some more Presidents of the United States videos. They love "Peaches" and "Old Man on the Back Porch" and we sang those songs all day long and laughed and laughed and laughed.

That evening we opened new jammies (well, the kids did. Mom and Dad did without this year). Jonas wouldn't put his jammies on for bed which is why he isn't pictured here. He really wanted to wear them as clothes in the morning... man that kid has a mind of his own these days!
After jammies we had a little devotional, if you will. We sang some songs and talked about the birth of Jesus. Then we attempted a nativity with the kids acting out different parts. It was, as I'm sure you can imagine, crazy!

And for your viewing pleasure (total tongue in cheek, here-really I'm sure only a select few of you will even enjoy this glimpse into our crazy life) a video of the first portion of our own family nativity. Its long, sorry. But it just makes me giggle from Mary eating baby Jesus to the angel with the Batman wings to the terrified shepherds...


It was a Christmas Eve to remember. We really missed being with our families, but had a great time celebrating with one another.

8 comments:

Grandma Hoss said...

Oh how fun. Dad just called and asked me to come and get him so that we can go home. So I will have to leave a comment tomorrow. The video was cute. I really liked the black angle wings. What did you use for the baby Jesus?

Shiree said...

Kim, you are beautiful. And the nativity was great. It just makes me feel better about how our family prayers and FHEs seem to go! My children must be normal. :)

Erin said...

hahahaha! I love it!!! I'm glad you were able to post a video of the nativity! :)... I lol'd when Bryant came out as the dark angel.. your family is WAY TOO CUTE! I can't wait for march!!! ;)

Grandma Hoss said...

The snow angle is great. Bryant looks like he was ready for the snow, but Jo on the other hand didn't look ready for it. I couldn't believe that he as out side in the snow without shoes or a coat. Kim you look beautiful, Bryant looks funny, Levi & Eliza are adorable in the jammies picture. Loved the video. Thanks for all of the wonderful memories.

Hugs & kisses to all

Mom Holliday

aLi said...

Kim I'm a big hypocrite for not commenting on your blog. Sorry. I haven't done much blog looking lately.
I really enjoyed looking at your blog, though! Your kids cracked me up with their nativity. Eliza is getting prettier and prettier. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

I am LAUGHING AND LAUGHING at your little bare-foot boy in the snow!!! That is SO FUNNY!!! Can you believe you had snow for Christmas in TExas? That is so AWESOME!!! I absolutely LOVE the photos! and their contents! love JTMIL

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

ps... have you ever seen a cuter, funnier nativity? Oh, I love it!!! jtmil

JandS Morgan said...

Yay for snow on Christmas. Fefe kept trying to go out without boots, luckily she didn't make it too far :) You guys are too funny.