Saturday, December 30, 2017

After Christmas: Snowboarding & Sendai

The day after Christmas Ethan took the big boys snowboarding.  I got to stay home and snuggle this cute guy.


Bryant was the first to conquer the puzzle ball that Bolton got from one of his cousins.






December 30 we took a day trip down to Sendai.  It wouldn't have been so bad but we didn't leave Misawa until around 11 am... so our 4 hour drive ate up most of the time we could have spent having fun in a new city. But that's OK, if we'd left earlier, we might have missed this beautiful view of Mt. Iwate.

First order of business was the outlet mall!

We were surprised to see a Ferris Wheel there.  But I was eager to try out my new camera, so I had to snap a picture!

Any time you see English in Japan you might find some interesting terminology.  This was the sign for one of the stores in the mall.  No idea what they meant by this!  It was just a clothing store.

We had to try out the ferris wheel!  It was so fun that we got to see the city all lit up!  We had to ride in two different cars because we're so huge.


Fisher wasn't happy, but I nursed him the rest of the time and he calmed right down.  I'm sure he was cold.


This is the second Big Boy restaurant we've seen in Japan... we haven't made it inside one yet, but we're interested to see if its a similar style to the Big Boy in Kentucky.

Pictures from the camera:  I really like this one I got of the wheel all lit up.



Ethan took it off my hands for the ride since I had my hands full with Fisher.










After our ride we went in search of the Illumination, the reason for our trek south.  We found it!  I don't know what I expected, exactly, but this was kind of a let down.  It was just one street... a beautiful street.  For anyone who has been to Temple Square at Christmas it was a little underwhelming.



We stopped in a little convenience store and let everyone choose something for dinner.  Its one of our favourite ways to do dinner here.


It was a great day!  We live in a great place!

1 comment:

Grandma Hoss said...

I think that you got the best deal, because he is adorable. But I know that Ethan and the kids had fun too. What a fabulous trip. Poor Fisher he looked so unhappy. I glad that you helped him out. You are a good mom. I agree the lights weren't as good as Temple Square. They were pretty. I loved the Ferris Wheel. The pictures were great. Hugs and kisses for all. OOOOOOOOO XXXXXXXXX Mom