Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

Two families in our tower had the same idea to host a bunch of people for Thanksgiving so we decided to join forces and have a big meal set up in the hallway!  It turned out great for the 40ish people who came!

In an effort to lessen the echo/noise of the hallway Ethan brought out cushions, rugs, and blankets.  Levi made himself comfortable while eating.


Picnic style Thanksgiving!


My medication had reduced my appetite significantly but you wouldn't know it looking at my plate that day!



 Kids made their way in to our house to watch a movie while the adults cleaned up.



Fisher slept through the entire meal!  I have so much to be thankful for...
I love this family so much!

We had the grown ups all return to play games at our house that night. We laughed and laughed as we played Telestrations!!  It turned out to be a great day.  I struggled a lot with feeling like I didn't have real friends before this and it helped tremendously to spend a day with such wonderful people!

2 comments:

Grandma Hoss said...

What a fantastic Thanksgiving. Love that you feel like you have some great friends there. Smart way to cleanup and keep the kids happy. Love you tons. Mom

Unknown said...

I sure love these glimpses into your Japanese Life! Brilliant Ethan with rugs, blankets, etc to catch sound waves! Is that cranberry jello on your plate??? Awesome! I made some for Thanksgiving and also Christmas this year. We have a serving or two left in our fridge because I don't know how to do small!

Happy Days!
Love, J