Tuesday, December 12, 2017

More Pictures of these Kids

Fisher had to wait to get his first bath until I made it to the store to buy him a bathtub.  His umbilical stump fell off lots earlier than some of the other kids, so I wasn't prepared.  He did seem to like the bath, though.  Which was a big relief, Abraham hated baths up until about a year ago and it was such a pain!  I did have to hold his arms to keep him happy, but I didn't mind.

When he was wrapped up in his towel I was trying to get a picture of him (and the towel...its Curious George and I made it) unfortunately my phone fell out of my hands and landed on his face.  He did NOT like that one bit.

Thankfully, his little massage and getting warmed up in some clothes calmed him down.

I love this picture.


When he's tired this is the face we see most often.

Bryant had the opportunity to go to Okinawa with several people from the music program at his school. He had to send an audition recording and was so excited that he was selected.  They spend the week rehearsing and then they performed and we got to watch a live broadcast of it online.  It was fun to see him, unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture of my computer screen until the very end and he's barely in the shot.  But it was proof to him that we watched it.

Another creative ride for Abraham to bed.

Bryant takes great pride in his ability to get Fisher to calm down.

Even out of the bathtub he enjoys his arms being held close to his body.  A nice feeling of security, I think.


His little bed in our room for the first several weeks.  He sleeps in the little sleep sack I made for him with a blanket over him and the sleep sack makes such a difference!  I don't know what we'll do when he outgrows it!

I made Abraham breakfast one morning and then went into my room to take a shower.  When I came out I couldn't see Abe right away, but then I found him... I guess he was still tired.

Sleeping baby pictures are just too sweet.

The music program hosts a cake auction each year.  The choirs and bands perform and people donate the fanciest cakes they can conjure then the bidding ensues.  Since its a fundraiser cakes go for $40-$150ish.  This year I made a caramel apple cake.  The cake was caramel flavour, the filling was apple pie filling, the frosting was white chocolate buttercream, the top was a thin layer of salted caramel.  It looked and smelled delicious.  It sold for $90 (I think) and we bought a cake for $65 so we contributed a fair amount I'd say.


Levi and buddy caught in the act of being naughty running across the roof of the bike rack.

This baby gets photographed a lot.  I sure do love him.

2 comments:

Grandma Hoss said...

Hooray! This was a great blog. Loved the pictures. Fisher is adorable,even when crying. So are the rest of your children adorable. Loved the picture of Abe at breakfast. Too cute. We are listening to you right now and you sound like you do not feel good. Hope you get feeling better. Much love Mom

Unknown said...

That Bryant warms my heart! Such a FINE young man! All the way around! Great experiences for him in choir! I love it! Your cake.... I am drooling. Salted caramel.... whoa! $90??? Too cool!

Thanks for updating this in the midst of raising this uncommon tribe of excellent children!

Love, J