Divided by 5!
Did I have you fooled? Remember last year how I was signed up for the half marathon and trained and trained and after my 12 mile run was unable to walk for a couple days so I was unable to do the race? That's OK if you don't... I don't remember what you were doing a year ago either. :)
Anyway, this year some friends decided to do the marathon relay and asked me to join their team. I thought I could do small mileage, so I agreed. It was only 5.25 miles... well, apparently running consistently, even at lower mileage is no good for my poor 60 year old ankle. So I trained about once a week and ran my leg (and I wasn't the slowest on the team! Woohoo!). It was super fun.
They had a dinner the night before the race and we all met up for a picture. We talked about wearing costumes, but no one did anything about it. So after dinner, I ran to Target picked up some shirts and headed home to paint us some shirts. They have 26.2 on the front and a divided by 5 on the back. And they sparkle. Pretty awesome. It was fun to surprise everyone with one! Someone has pictures, but I don't have them... my phone got broken and replaced and I forgot to get my texted photos off it. :(
So, I decided that I could cross "run a marathon" off my bucket list. I'm pretty sure that's as close as I'll ever get. It was fun and I was proud of myself!

4 comments:
So wonderful! Congrats Kim. And I do remember when you trained and were in a lot of pain.
Ha ha, me too. I'll never run that far.
What a great way to cross it off!
So when did THIS happen? I am IMPRESSED AGAIN!!! Good for you! And GOOD FOR YOU for getting team spirit going with your clever sparkly shirts!
Awesomeness!!!
Love, Jane!
I remember all too well. I wanted to be there to help you out, but! I am super proud of you. Here is a big high 5! Can't wait to see the shirts. Another high 5! on the shirts. I love to run, but can't because of the knee injury so I feel for you. Congrats on your accomplishment.
Love you tons. Mom
Post a Comment