Friday, July 15, 2011

Talk about a poopy day

Literally.

Read at your own risk.

I'm fairly certain that there should be a cap on the amount of poop one has to deal with in a day. I'm sure I would have reached that cap today... and its not even 4:00!

Incident #1. I rushed off to my presidency meeting this morning, pushing the kids out the door so I could be on time (I was! Yay!). I did not, however, take the time to check rooms for lights, messes, etc. Upon our return, I was busy checking my email when Eliza yells, "Bolton has poo!" I rush to the area and find Bolton elbow deep in it from the toilet! Much yelling, scrubbing, and bathing ensued.

Incident #2. I was talking to Ethan on the phone during his lunch break. Jonas is going potty. He flushes the toilet and runs out of the bathroom screaming, "Its overflowing! Brown water!" Luckily, it didn't overflow, the plunger was able to contain the mess. Crisis averted, but gross, nonetheless.

Incident #3. Bolton was in his high chair eating lunch after his nap. I walked by and noticed he was stinky, but figured I'd let him finish his lunch and then change his diaper. After his bath earlier (see Incident #1) I only dressed him in a onesie/shirt. Upon further inspection, I noticed a large quantity of brownish green goo to the side of him. Ugh. Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! His diaper hardly needed changing, though he was covered on his entire left side. Now he's been bathed again, the walls have been scrubbed, and the high chair is sitting in my front yard after being hosed down.

I feel like I need another shower! Ah. The joys of motherhood.

6 comments:

Gaye Baker said...

Poo fairy strikes again!!!! :)

Matt Sorensen said...

Ewwwww...unfortunately, I know just how you feel....

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

That's more $%@# than any Mom should have to put up in one day! I will compliment you on the wide variety of #$#@ ! You really covered it all! Well, not ALL. I am sure there could be more adventures....but let's not go there!!!

Love ya! Jane

Grandma Hoss said...

Oh how fun to be a mom. My worst poo day was when Denny was around a year old. I had put him to bed for a nap. An hour or so later I could hear him so I opened our bedroom door to the worst smell. There he was in his crib covered from head to toe in greenish brown smelly poo. He had unpinned his diaper and had played in the mess the whole time he was in the room for his nap. It was all over the crib, walls, sheet, blanket and baby boy. I dry heavied the whole time I was cleaning up. It was awful. So I totally feel for you.

Love Mom

Cali said...

I just finished scrubbing our tub (for the second time this week!!) after Tyler messed in it DURING bath time! Sometimes being mom just isn't glamorous or even fun, at all. But, we sure are lucky to have the kiddos we have! I hope though, that you do not have to endure another such day!

Adrienne said...

Ha ha ha! I'm glad it's not just me. Jack is such a big boy that he pooped in the toilet the other day, then removed the contents and spread them about the bathroom. Gross, but I've dealt with similar messes before-until I realized it was DOWN THE FURNACE VENT. EW! After much cleaning, gagging, and accidentally getting it on my bare hand (I'm sure you can imagine the noises I was making) I decided that it was the crappiest mess I've cleaned yet. Ah, kids.