Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Birthday, Birthday Coming to Earth Day

After 9 days without their dad, the kids were super excited to see him on Friday, the first. He flew in Thursday night, but they were already asleep. This was greeting him when upon his return...

Friday was also a special day for Bolton. Can you believe that this little guy is 1 year old already?!?!? It sure seems hard to believe to me. He is such a sweetheart. So eager to give loves and smiles. He's so proud of himself walking around (of course, now he runs). He loves to eat big people food now that he has some teeth (he has 4 now). He was lucky enough to spend his birthday in Utah with lots of loved ones around to help him celebrate.

We actually had a double party, since Levi's birthday is the 4th. It was Bolton's magic birthday, so we had to go all out. :)

We had a carnival theme party. Complete with a "Knock 'em Down" game... check out Levi's wind up...



We also got this awesome bouncy slide. It was set up around noon, so we had some fun before the guests arrived.

No carnival is complete without a ring toss, right?
You can insert your own funny caption for this one.

We didn't even have to hire a juggler! He just showed up! Pretty spectacular.
Lots of yummy food. And fun family to share it with.


And the grown ups liked the slide too.
Ethan showing off his mad skills.
Another crazy picture of Kim having fun. I need to stop having so much fun... these pictures are just going to haunt me.

I just love the tradition of the first year cake. I think Bolton really liked it too. What do you think?




Since we were celebrating Levi too, he got to blow out the candles on the group "cake." He was pretty excited.
Balloon cupcakes. Not too impressive, but fun. You can't really see it in the picture, but I used pull 'n' peel licorice as ties for the balloon bouquet.
Bolton got left with his cake, here he is when we took it away. "What?!"
Not to be outdone by his dad, Bryant had to show us his moves too.
I don't know what it is about these Woodbury boys, but Grandpa Woody also showed off his mad skills. Unfortunately my mad skills as photographer missed the flip... bug Jane if you want to see it.
I just love that these grandparents weren't afraid of a little fun! And I love Jane's face.
You really need to enlarge this one to appreciate her face... priceless. At least I'm not the only one have way too much fun!
Eliza loves ice cream. If she asks for some and you tell her no, she will emphatically say, "But I'm hungeree!"
Ron even came with Chase! He's so cool.

After everyone had a chance to go on the slide while it was dry, we turned the hose on it. This is the line up of kids eager to get soaked.
Jeni was sweet and brought the girls down to celebrate with us after a long day traveling back home from their vacation. We were so happy they came! They were the only cousins on Ethan's side that were able to make it.
Yum.
Sweetest picture of the trip. Hands down. Absolutely love these wonderful people.
See what I mean about him being such a sweetheart? He snuggled with Jeni...
... then wanted to give Ari a turn. She was a real trooper, he was quite a mess.

Are is such a lovey little cousin. I love how she and Sophie play with the little ones. They are going to be great babysitters!
Everyone got a box of Pop-Its! They were a real hit.
"Snap!"
We were so busy having fun that we just about forgot to give presents. Grandma Jane and Grandpa Woody gave Levi this fun little game.

Look at that, Dave even got a little Bolton love. Another trooper.
At the end of the party, Bolton played in these balloons and had a great time. Really. This is the only picture I have where you can actually see his face, but all the other ones he was smiling like crazy.
It was a magical magic birthday. Too bad he won't remember any of it. Good thing the rest of us will. It was a blast!

9 comments:

Jenni said...

no way! 1 already! you tell that darling to slow it down! that party looks pretty fantastic! lots of fun to be had!! & ill take 2 of those cupcakes please!! happy birthday bolton!

Grandma Hoss said...

That was fun bringing back tons of fond memories. You did an outstanding job of putting the party together. We loved it. Well I really loved it, dad wasn't feeling too good so he didn't love it as much as I did. I couldn't bring the picture of Jane up to the big size. It just went to the side and stayed the same size. I really wanted to see her face up close.

Love you all tons. Mom

Cam said...

That looks like quite the shin-dig! What a fun mom you are. Happy birthday to your little ones!

Brindy said...

How much fun!! I am so sad we missed it:( I am glad you had a blast though you are always good at planning a fun party!! Love you guys

Laurie said...

Man, that bouncer looks awesome!!!

aLi said...

I am sad we missed that party, too!
Kim you did a TON of work for that!!!! Way to go, you know how to party!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

It was the Party of the Decade!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!! I don't know what was more fun...watching the kids ...or watching the kids!!! I was a little tentative on the slide but it was a blast! Thanks for ALL these FABULOUS pics!!! I love it!!! The whole night was enchanting! Maybe we could do it again!

Love, Jane

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

ps... PUH-LEEASE don't stop having fun!!! Because then WE can have fun!!!

Jeni said...

I'm finally checking in....
I need a Bolton hug!!!
Fun-fun-party!