Levi is so much fun. He is such a sweet heart and a good, smart kid. He is also full of mischief. I know you've all been waiting with baited breath the "story" I alluded to below, well the wait is over... (I know you're all relieved... its been hard to go on living each day, right?) :)
We drove all day last Saturday. The kids eventually fell asleep, but we knew from past experience that as soon as we stopped and got them into the hotel they were stir and quite possibly get completely woken up. When we pulled into the hotel around midnight, just before Albuquerque Bryant surprised us. He didn't bother with waking up, just curled right into the bed and was out. Jonas was still pretty out of it, but more awake than Bryant. Levi, however, was completely awake and throwing a fit that Bryant got into the bed before him. We made Bryant slide over and there was plenty of room, so Levi climbed in.
Like I said, completely awake. So, he proceeds to giggle, then push, then climb over Bryant. Soon we hear the giggles coming from Jonas too. Ethan and I are tired! A week with family, especially during the holidays will do that to you. Not to mention all the driving... we were exhausted, so this just wasn't going to work.
So I pulled Levi into our bed. If I can get him to sleep then the problem is solved. After wrestling with him for what seems an eternity (though I'm sure it only seemed that long because I was so tired) I give up and put him on the floor. Its about 1:30 am now. Ethan and I both conk completely out!
However the sweet slumber is rudely disturbed at 3:07 am with a strange pounding sound. Surprisingly, Ethan figures out what the sound is before me... its someone pounding on our door! As he walks to the door I am think Who on EARTH is knocking on our door at this hour? I was thinking it was someone knocking on the wrong door and let me just say don't go knocking at doors in the middle of the night unless you are absolutely certain it is the right door.
This person was at the right door though... it was the lady from the front desk and she was returning something pretty important to us... LEVI!
I don't know how we didn't hear the door slam close (they all seem to do that, don't they?). I don't know how she knew he belonged to us. I don't know how long he'd been outside our door. Really, the whole thing is quite a mystery to me, I wish I could have spoken with her to gain a bit more info, but she was gone in the morning. All I know for sure is that it could have been so much worse! We were really close to the outside door, he could have gone out that door and gotten lost, been kidnapped, or frozen to death for goodness sakes! We are so thankful that the Lord was watching out for our little guy. He may be trouble, but we'd hate to have anything bad happen to him!
As an update on his speech... he is using more words but still just the same consonants. I don't think he's added any new letters to his vocabulary. Since he's using more words, though, and actually putting words together in almost sentences, I'm less concerned. We'll still be taking him for another evaluation in a couple weeks.
15 comments:
I have decided that he is my favorite (just don't tell the others, okay?). That is the funniest story... All of your stories make me smile!
I sure hope your wrong about the third child! haha. Thats an incredible story...I can only imagine you were shoocken up by it. YIKES! We sclaters sure are glad hes safe & sound. Thanks for all the sweet comments...makes me hope we get a residency in TX. haha. You give me hope that maybe..just maybe someday I might get a little girl too:) although im sure you would agree that boys are a ton of fun. also 9 this is becoming an email. haha) I really REALLY appreciate that you are discussing Levi's speach development...we might be taking that road with britton soon enogh due to a bi-fib uvula. its all very intresting to me.and..rod sends a big hello to ethan:)
He is such a funny kid!! I love reading your blog, you have great stories. Let me know how the evaluation turns out.
Your stories crack me up.... I remember those days. My philosophy when traveling with little ones in a car for HOURS on end....when in doubt, drug them out. Everyone can use a little extra sleep...
love ya!!!!!!!!
I regret to inform you Kim, my third (Trouble) is only called that because he was such a good boy. My fourth is my nightmare and handful. If I live through her it will be a miracle! My mom will attest to the third child syndrome however. Actually, we both decided it must be a youngest child thing. Good luck!!!!!!!
P.S. Make sure you always document these stories, I promise they will be funny someday! It is the funny stories that help us survive the moments that we want to get rid of our sweet kids! Keep smiling!
Wow- that's scary. That happened to my sister one time at a hotel, except she was sleep walking. Well, I'm glad it turned out fine, and thanks for the entertaining stories- you're a great writer.
Oh my! I'm so glad that he didn't get hurt in any way. You must have been really tired--I don't blame you! I'm sure that there are many, many, many of us who wouldn't hear the door close--kids can be pretty sneaky sometimes! Glad it all turned out alright.
Wow!!! You were gone 48 hours from Utah and you already have two amazing stories!!! What's up, Woman? Yes, we are SO GLAD Levi, Levi, Levi is still with us/you!! He is definitely one of the "Favorites"!!! I loved hearing everybody's comments. Our third...just looked at what everybody else was doing and figured he could do it too. And then he added his own twist.
I think Misty's 4th has more to do with the name they added later. I understand that name was on a little girl who drove her parents CRAAZZZZZY!!! But really, she was just getting her parents prepared for the other children who came after her. LOVE YOUR STORIES!!!
love, Janethemom
ps I feel SO cool. I am typing this on my very own laptop after I got home tonight from my first WSU class in 38 years. whoa.
Third's are a handful, but then first, seconds, fourths & fifths are a handful too. It's called the joy of parenting. I'm just glad that she knocked on the correct door. He is a cutie. You should be counting your blessings with this one. When you called and told us the story both dad & I were so greatful that nothing bad had happened. The Lord was really watching over him and you that night.
Love you tons
Mom
What do you mean kid #3 is trouble? I was a perfect angel that farted rainbows and rose petals!
/completely true about the 3rd being a handful, just ask Jane.
I am DREADING the third child. I have a feeling that since my first 2 have been such sweeties my third one is going to make up for it.
Oh my goodness regarding Levi. Good luck, Kim. My body aches for you!!!
Does Sophie count as my third?
I am so happy that everything turned out ok. Scary! And oh my, what a story to add to your repertoire!
Kim, if laughter is the best medicine you are keeping us all healthy! And the third child syndrome is true, just look at both Boyd and Denice (it's really hard having two thirds in one family!)
Whew, that is scary. My new theory (based only on my children) is that each one is progressively worse. Fefe is a holy terror, so much for another sweet E. Anyways, that is the sort of thing that makes your heart pound when you consider the possibilities, but at least it worked out fine. There is not much worse than a wide awake or upset child when you want to crash.
Post a Comment