Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tag Times Four

Well, all of the kids have been tagged... this is going to be a long one...

Bryant
1. Bryant is very smart. I know you all know this, but sometimes I find myself saying, "HOLY COW! this kid is so smart!" For instance, my friend was babysitting while we went to the Halloween dance and she brought Scripture Guess Who game. There are people like Nephi, Laman, Mormon, etc. He beat her all but one time! He is good at asking questions and good questions at that. He just soaks it all in.
2. We have established a privilege for Bryant since he is the oldest, I read a chapter of a big kid book to him at night after the others have been lain down. We've since put this privilege as a reward for good behavior at school. We have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Holes, and are currently reading Goose Girl. He's learning a lot of things as we go along and I really love the time we get to spend together.3. Bryant will watch anything on the TV. In Oregon, when the kids shows in the afternoon would end, This Old House would come on. He would sit and watch it and then tell his grandpa it was his favorite show. I just asked him what his favorite TV show is and he said, "hmm, Ninja Turtles." I said, "You haven't even seen it." "But I know its cool." But his real favorite is Teen Titans and his favorite one is Beast Boy (that's who he's going to be for Halloween).

4. He is also a good little climber... from trees, to walls, to posts. Yesterday he was showing someone that he can climb up the walls ("like Ari at Grandma Jane's") and the guy said, "you know the monkeys at the zoo can do that, you'd better be careful if you ever go to the zoo, they might put you in the monkey house!"5. He loves to be outside exploring. He is our adventurous leader of the pack!
Jonas
1. Jonas is hilarious! He pulls the funniest faces just while he's talking to you. His expressions are priceless, but of course impossible to capture on film.2. He was such an easy kid to potty train and even was dry through the night most of the time (and he refuses to wear a pull-up). Since his daddy went away for 5 weeks and we moved, though, his room smells so bad from all the bed wetting. He's about 4 nights a week wet now and I don't know what to do about it.

3. Jonas is Mr. Pretend. He has the best imagination! He loves to dress up (as you may have noticed with all the cape pictures), he loves to have a toy figure to make up super stories about, he doesn't even need a toy, he just needs some room and if he's lucky a play mate.4. He loves superheroes and will probably tell you who his favorite is (he's pretty consistent on this one) Superman and sometimes Batman and Robin are included.

5. If you ask Jo his favorite color he will tell you, "Uh, white and green and blue" while listing them off he will kind of shake his head and he says them in a funny voice... maybe I'll try to capture this one on video.

Levi
1. Levi loves to help. He also loves to "help." If you've been around many two year olds you know the difference. When he gets me something and I tell him thanks he gets the most pleased look on his face. It is adorable.

2. Lately, he has been staying awake during naptime a couple times a week. During these times he likes to pull out all the clothes out of the dresser, take off his poopy diaper, take his matress/pad off his bed as well as all the blankets, pillows, sheets from both beds. The trouble with all this is that he's quiet and I don't know its happening until its too late.

3. Levi loves food. He is a really good eater but he especially loves treats. He will go and get into the van in the garage and hide in the back and put an entire package of my gum in his mouth.
4. Levi still sucks his thumb, but when he does it he really likes to cuddle with someone. His preference is someone's elbow to be specific. Sometimes if he's being really grumpy I'll say, "Do you need my elbow Levi?" and he'll grab it with one hand and put his thumb from the other hand in his mouth. We've walked through many stores in this position. He's very deliberate about it too, its really funny. If he can't hold onto someone's elbow he'll use his own or his foot. I hope I can figure out why someday.5. Levi is a cuddle bug. When he gets up from his nap or in the morning he still prefers to snuggle with me. It makes me feel good, I love these times when he's just so pleasant and not into anything. He is such a sweet boy.
Eliza
1. Eliza sucks her thumb, but unlike Levi who has calluses on both thumbs, she prefers her right.

2. Eliza is my best sleeper yet- which is saying a lot because Bryant and Jonas both were extrememly good sleepers. She will currently sleep from 9:30 pm to 7:00 am and still takes good naps during the day. I've had friends comment on her ability to sleep through a lot of noise, but with 3 older brothers, she has to most of the time.3. Eliza looks so good purple (my favorite shade on her is dark lavendar or lilac). I think it makes her eyes looks violet, its my favorite color on her. Although, I really think she looks beautiful in pink too. The few green and yellow items we have for her just aren't the same... its weird that I can see such a profound difference in one so tiny.4. She does not like to have a head band on! Go figure, I make some pretty cute headbands and hairbows and she fights it. She's worn them a few times with no problems, but more often than not, she pulls them and wiggles so much they move down over her eyes and then she really lets us know how she feels.

5. While Eliza is so loved by all of us, she is so good at making us know she loves us too. She smiles for each of us at different times. Bryant always calls me over to look when he's patting her belly and she smiles at him. Jonas, with all the cuddles he has for her, loves it when she smiles at him. She even smiles at Levi sometimes. She loves to be talked to by mom and dad and she is all smiles when we give her our undivided attention.

So there you have it, my cute kids in all their glory. We tag Paul, Spencer, Nola, Paige, and Jill B.

8 comments:

aLi said...

oh how cute! Little Eliza is such a precious little face. I am so happy for you guys. And I am sorry about Levi's poopin act. I hope he grows out of it soon, and hopefully it will wear off on Conrad and he'll stop it, too.

I love you all and miss you!
Your boys are so cute, too!

Heather said...

I am so impressed with you. I can't even write a few things about my two, and you do five on all four. Way to go! It is nice to see how they are all so differnet, yet so asame. I hope you rub off on the me this weekend!

Anonymous said...

This was a cute post. I loved reading about all of them. Bryant is very smart. Jonas does have the funniest facial expressions. Levi is an adorable cuddle bug. And Eliza is beautiful even when she isn't smiling. They are all good kids too. They have some wonderful examples to follow (their mom & dad)!

I love you all tons.

Mom

Kim and Brindy said...

cute!cute!cute!

Kim

Jeni said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! And very insightful. You did a great job on this kim!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

I am impressed. I want to comment on each one...!!! They are all such beautiful, interesting, fun to be around kids. We have really missed them and can't wait to see you. Little Eliza is sure growing! And so are the boys. Is that pic of the three boys at your home, or the church or what? love, Jane

Cam said...

cute post- my favorite is the picture of Jonas in the tree- that's a great one. It reminds me of a picture I've seen in a children's book with pictures by Greg Olson.

Dave & Karissa Hardman said...

I loved this post. It was so fun to read about how different and delightful all your cuties are. Such a blessing to be a mama of special little people.