We decided that since we hadn't done anything big to celebrate Thanksgiving at our home, we would host a celebration on Christmas Eve. We invited Ethan's coworkers and friends from the ward and ended up with somewhere around 33 people here!
Dinner was yummy! And the company was great!
After dinner we played the white elephant gift exchange game. It was lots of fun! I had to take these pictures from one of our friends since I was busy running the show. Bolton was cozy with his buddy and family.
See me in the background... numbers for everyone!
Our little friend opened one of the gifts we had brought... a little water squirter toy that was meant to be funny. But she wasn't too thrilled. See Jonas' expression?!
It was a little chaotic, but one of the guys from Ethan's clinic told me that if you had told him he was going to a party with around 20 kids, he would have guessed it was going to be a disaster, but he was surprised at how well we pulled it off.
Bryant took the squirter from the little girl and couldn't stop laughing! You spread the little boys legs and water shoots out from between his legs!
After our friends all made their way home we continued our night with a nativity. The kids were really hoping to do it with their friends, but it just wasn't happening. I liked doing it a little more calmly than it would have been otherwise, so I wasn't complaining.
Getting in costume...
Mary and Joseph (and the donkey) on their way to Bethlehem.
The shepherd and his sheep in the fields.
Look! An Angel!
Check out the angel's footwear!
The wiremen (man) came to bring gifts.
We added our voices to the choirs of angels and sang a few songs before opening the long awaited jammies.
Unfortunately, none of the pyjamas I ordered for the kids made it to us in time for Christmas Eve. So we had to try to make something work from the BX which proved very difficult. There were some less than thrilled kids that night.
And poor Jonas was way too big for his, but he was a good sport about it at least!
Once the kids were all snuggled in bed (and on the floor in some cases) Santa got right to work bringing out the haul! This is one of my favourite sites! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
























1 comment:
WOW! You are really throw a party. I'm thrilled that it turned out great. I am also glad that you had the nativity after everyone left. All the the kids looked great in the costumes. I especially liked the donkey and sheep. Too bad about the PJ's. Did they like the really ones when they got them? Jonas's can be handed down. I couldn't make out Eliza's new PJs. Hugs and Kisses for all. Mom
Post a Comment