Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Visitors!!!

My mom and dad flew in for Abe's blessing.  We decided it would be fun to surprise the kids.  We were just going to Panera Bread for dinner because the kids did such a great job helping clean the house, but when we got there...
Bryant was the first to notice... if you look below, you can see the tip of Jonas' head, he knew what was happening, but check out Levi... 
...no idea.

Now he's got it.

Jonas was just dumbstruck.  And Eliza still is clueless.

Hugs for everyone!
After we ate the boys got to ride back to our house with Grandma and Grandpa.  Then the kids went to bed and the adults worried about Baby Abe.  He had come down with the dreaded illness that had hit others.  And he was having a hard time breathing.  We weren't sure if we would be taking to church or the hospital the next morning.  Ethan and my dad gave him a blessing.  Ethan told me to be sure to remember that my dad was the one who actually gave Abraham his first blessing.  Thankfully, Abe slept great through the night and was well enough to go to Sacrament meeting in the morning.  

After everyone got home, the kids began their romping on grandpa.  They were all in heaven, grandpa included.

My kids watched the first half of the Superbowl for the first time (actually it was the first time they've watched any football game on tv).  We ate lots of bad for us, delicious food.

Poor Abe was pretty miserable. I felt so bad for him!  And was still a bit worried, though his breathing sounded ok (not great), he just had a terrible cough at this point.

The boys had to get up and go to school in the morning and Grandma and Grandpa were going to be gone when they got home.  They each took a turn crying that morning.  The littles were only too happy to not have to share!


They had so much fun!  Grandpa is a great jungle gym.



Grandma was feeling left out, so Eliza comforted her with some snuggles.  The "tears" were to get Bolton to give her some love, but he still wouldn't have it.  My compassionless boy. ;-)

Abraham didn't sleep well that night, so we were both pretty tired.  But we wanted to take advantage of the little bit of time we had left with my parents, so we took one for the team (well, Abe got a nap).
  We are so, so glad we got to have some time with Grandma and Grandpa! It was so much fun and we feel so blessed they took the time and money to come for Abe's special day.

Just so you know, Abe continued to have a bad cough and I worried maybe I should take him in, but his two month check up was on February 7 so I decided to just wait to take him to make sure I could see our doctor.  The doc thought he could have RSV or Croup.  I'm guessing it started as RSV and went into Croup (cause the internet says Croup can be caused by the RSV virus, and you know you can totally diagnose these things online) ;-)  His cough is no longer a bark, he isn't hoarse anymore.  He still has a bit of mucous he is coughing, but on Saturday he was back to feeling well.  He is his sweet, smiling, content self again.  And he is finally sleeping well through the night again!  Last week was a tough one on both of us, I'm so glad he's healthy again!


3 comments:

aLi said...

Thank goodness for the power of the priesthood. I am glad he started feeling better. RSV is so scary.

Grandma Hoss said...

The trip was soooooooo fun for us. Loved the expression on the kids faces when they noticed us at the resturant. Loved watching the kids climb all over dad and seeing how happy that made him. And loved hugging and kissing everyone. Oh how I love your whole family. I love all of my children and grandchildren, but it is especially fun to see the ones that I don't get to hug and kiss on a weekly bases.

Love you all tons. Mom

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

I sense another blue-eyed wonder has come to your home...just by looking at that one picture with your dad and Eliza!!!

What a thrill to have your parents surprise the kids!!! SWEET!!!

So thankful Abe is doing better.

Love, J