Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!  We love you so much and are grateful for your friendship and love. 

This was the first year since the kids started school that I feel great about the valentines I sent with the kids.  For someone who really values homemade goods, valentines have always caused me a bit of a headache.  This year I was turned on to this brilliant idea!  I actually let the kids choose what they wanted to do out of a handful of ideas.  Bryant and Jonas chose the mustache.  We made a mustached for each of their class mates that was attached to the card, but when they took off their mustache, it revealed these awesome pictures.  Sure love my boys!

Bolton wanted in on the mustache action too.  These mustaches remind me of my favorite novelty tee shirt of all time.  "Guns don't kill people... Guys with mustaches kill people."

Levi chose a Tic Tac Toe card that we gave out with two colored m&ms for x's and o's.   I just had each of the cards (for all three boys) printed up at Walgreens at $0.10 a pop.  Not bad for how easy and awesome they were!
Hope your Valentine's Day is just as awesome!!!  Love you all!

6 comments:

Grandma Hoss said...

These are so cute. You are amazing. I would never have thought to make such cute valentines. I also love the picture of Bolton with his mustache. They are all darling.

Love, Hugs & Kisses Mom

Cam said...

So much cuter than store-bought Valentines (not that there's anything wrong with those, of course). The mustache thing is such a hit right now, isn't it? I love it!!

kate said...

wow. seriously awesome. and those are great pictures of the boys! well done, i bet your kids felt so cool handing those out!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Such a NOVEL NOVEL idea!!! I am DYING with how cute these kids are!!!

LOVE! Jane

fromholytoledotoyou said...

I love Valentine's Day!! Hadley and I set up a super play date for earlier this week, but Hadley was unbelievably sick:( So a friend took over the treats and craft for me:( O can't wait to have school age kids to get in on the fun again!!

Brydon, Jennifer, Caleb, & Cooper, too said...

Love Love the mustache cards! Fits those boys so well. As always you are super creative mom! Don't know how you do it all. Miss you guys.