Well, we just had our first scramble through the house to get everything cleaned up for a showing! Want to see what they saw? I'm totally flippin pretty stressed about this whole thing. So unless you see something that is terrible, I don't think I can handle criticism. A friend recently shared pics of her house (which is basically perfect!) and asked for feedback... I'm not really looking for suggestions, I'm barely staying afloat in the sanity boat as it is. :)
The exterior still needs some work, but I recently painted the door and removed the storm door, a big improvement.
Upon entering you see under the stairs and the living room with the super tall fireplace brick wall.
To your right is this breakfast bar, open to the kitchen.
As you walk past the breakfast bar you go through the dining room...
And into the kitchen.
When in the living room, to your left is a hallway. The kids rooms are on either end of the hallway. This is Eliza, Jonas, and Bolton's room. It is slightly improved from this picture. :) Bryant and Levi's room is kind of a mirror image of this one with butter color walls. So just pretend you've seen it and its awesome.
In between the kids' room in the middle of the hallway is the bathroom we demolished last February.
Heading back into the living room if you walk past the piano (the wall with the Temple picture above), you'll find the master bedroom. This is a terrible picture, sorry. I do love this room and may have to take a new photo or two just so you can see it. There's a nice newly updated bathroom in there as well, remember when I did that plumbing all by myself? That's the one. I'll see if I can get some photos of that as well.
The view from our bedroom door...
...leads you upstairs to a nice, big loft.
There is a great space behind the sofa where I usually have my "sewing area" but have some kids' toys for now.
This is our great backyard with the newly build railing by my wonderful husband. It improves the look back there immensely!!!
And finally, as you walk out the front door this is the view that greets you! The duck pond. We have the best view in the neighborhood, besides maybe the owner. :)
Thanks for visiting! Send some buyers our way! :) Or just wish us luck and offer a prayer that our sanity boat doesn't sink! And that the next time we have a showing we have more than 20 minutes notice!













14 comments:
Kim, It looks great! I'd be freaking out too if I had 20 to get ready for a showing. Good luck. I hope it sells quickly for you guys.
Twenty #@#$% minutes?!?!??! !! Are you kidding me?!?!?!
It LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!! From ALL angles!!! You have done a magnificent job of preparing, cleaning, decorating, refurbishing, replacing, etc. etc. I would not be one bit shy about showing this! WOW! Nice work!!!
Hang on!!! Just a little bit longer. It's gonna all work out!!! And you deserve EVERY blessing poured out upon your head! (Can't wait to witness this!)
LOVE YOU! Jane
Beautiful! I love the colors you've used and how open everything is. I know it doesn't come with the house, but I really like the kids' bunk bed. That is a beautiful blue!
Good Luck Kim! When we put our house up for sale a few years ago I was terrified of the "keep the house clean and ready for people to see", and I totally lucked out! We only showed it twice and both couples put in offers! I felt like it was such a little miracle and definitely saved me in the sanity department! Hope it goes as smoothly for you!
Kim, it is fantastic. It is beautiful. it is awesome. I am also trying not to stress. I am getting comments on my house such as "cute home needs work", cute home want more upgrades, cute home didn't make the list. One even said they did not like how far into the garage the stairs went..like I could change that... I just try to keep remembering our Boise home. I got called that they were going to show it Sunday morning as we were trying to get to church. I just shrugged and said oh well... the beds were unmade, clothes all over, the house was a mess and guess what they are the ones that bought it. so don't stress.... there will be days when you just can't keep it clean. Blessings and prayers going your way. It looks wonderful.
I know that the pressure is on when in competition with Kate, but I think your house looks lovely! You've done such a great job with all the improvements and the decorating is great! Job well done and best of luck.
I love that my mom always uses the &%@# marks. Mom, do you realize it looks like you're swearing? haha.
Kim, your house looks sOOOOOOOO nice!!!!!!!! I didn't recognize the back porch, it looks so much better with the new railing!!! I love the colors you've painted in the kitchen, the younger kid room and the idea of butter-colored walls is speaking to me. Serious!!!!!! I hope you get it sold fast!!!!
i love your view upon exiting! wow!!! your house looks fabulous!!! lots of space! that is nice! good luck girly! doesn't sound like a fun process!!!
Your house looks great!! I love the view. Getting a house ready to sell is the worst. I have only had to do it once and I only had two kids at the time...I can't imagine five! To answer your question about FHE, we don't give the kids assignments very often. We have a chart, but we don't really use it. Until now, we have had pretty quick and last-minute FHE lessons. Giving out assignments is the next step for us. However, the kids all take turns welcoming us and assigning each other prayers, leading the music, etc. Sometimes the kids and I will prepare an FHE treat together after school, but that is about it. As a side note, I saw your other comment about my brother coming home and I am pretty sure I have been checking your blog since I started mine....which is about four years ago....where does the time go? Thanks for being my blog (and now in real life) friend. Best of luck with the house!!!!
Kim I am amazed at how great your house looks. You have done an outstanding job. I am totally at awe! Way to go girl. If your place looks that good at other showings I know it will sell quickly. Loved the color of the bunkbed in Eliza's room. Are those the ones that Ethan built? When did you paint them? Your room looked goregous too. You as always are in my prayers.
Love you tons. Mom
are you kidding me?! it looks amazing, kim! seriously, so open and lots of lovely light! great big family spaces, and i LOVE your red door and the colors you chose inside! i really think it will sell in a flash. you have made so many great improvements. good work!! now, go take a nap, you deserve it little mama!
Looks fabulous! I'm very impressed! Good luck, just keep praying and you'll do great. And, whatever you do, don't take it personally! That was probably the biggest lesson I had to learn.
I really love it. I would buy it if it were in SLC! The open kitchen, dining, family room and breakfast bar are awesome and you have really kept it up so nicely. :) Have fun in Kentucky! p.s. I think I saw your van it Harrisville the other day. Was I hallucinating?
Wow, what a great house! Why are you moving again? :)
Post a Comment