Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The first Christmas party of the season

Saturday was our first Christmas party of the season. It was an intimate gathering of folks from Ethan's squadron on base. The kids were able to make ornaments and everyone brought cookies to share. We had a great time (and ate way too many cookies)!




A plea for help... I'm in charge of the class party for Levi and am looking for fun activities to do with 15 four year olds, PLEASE share your ideas. I've got ideas, but I'm not sure they're manageable with that size a group.

4 comments:

Jones said...

oh, ifyou're going to do my idea with 15 kid, you'll need help! I had to turn away primary kids and tell them to come back later...8 at a time was my Max! lol. but if you have extra helping hands, it'll be totally fun!

another idea, I just saw this this morning and will go get materials today to make: www.craftelf.com/Christmas_ornament_Snow.globe.htm

looks cutefun and easy!

Grandma Hoss said...

All of the kids look soooo serious at making the ornaments. Levi's tongue is adorable. Was Ethan helping Eliza or just giving her some lap room? Sounds like you all had a great time. I think that the cookies sounded wonderful. Wish I could have been there to watch and enjoy. Thanks for the pictures.

I love you all tons. Mom

Adrienne said...

Holiday class party? How many helpers do you have and how long? I think it works well to divide into centers. I would do maybe 3 groups of 5. You could do one 20-minute craft (for this age, pick a 5-10 minute craft, chances are it will still be a 20-minute craft), a story/song center, and a game center. Don't eat Pete is always fun and easy with small ones, but it doesn't take that long, so you could try a Holiday picture bingo or something along those lines. (I think I still have copies of the Don't Eat Pete holiday games I designed if you want them-you could use as is or convert easily to bingo games). Cookie decorating is always simple and popular as well. I always like the Family Fun site when I am looking for things, and the vast blogging world! Give me a call and we'll discuss amongst ourselves-I'm in charge of class parties for Nola's class this year too!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Oh, so much fun! Adrienne is my new go-to-gal if I EVER attempt anything fun again in my life!

I just want to be more fun like you guys..... sniff, sniff.

SOON!!! Love, The Mom