
Remember these beauties? These boots have been so fun! Eliza loves to wear them, no matter what else she's wearing or doing...

I'm learning that she likes to be like mommy. Her favorite place in the house is my bathroom, getting into stuff. Drives me crazy sometimes, other times it just makes me laugh... One day, she came out after doing her hair saying, "I'm cute, Mommy." Yes, Eliza, beautiful.

Doesn't she look cute with her big hair, (mini) skirt (I know its getting too small, it makes me sad), and boots? I smiled all day when I looked at her. Unfortunately, the boots aren't always able to make it better for her. I don't remember what this fit was about, but she has definitely entered
that stage I've been dreading.

Saturday it was Mommy's turn to throw a fit. Levi decided to cut Eliza's hair. I don't know what he was thinking! But I know he was banished to his room because I was so upset I didn't trust myself to not smack him. I cried. Really, I did. See that big chunk out of the back?

But that's not all... Oh how depressed I was. I couldn't even laugh through Psych.

But I couldn't just mope about it, I had to try to fix it. Maybe it was a mistake. I'm sure Brindy could have done a thousand times better, but she's 2 weeks away. So cut, I did...

This picture just doesn't do it justice... it was
so much hair.

The finished product.
That is, until Brindy can maybe help me fix the mistakes I made?

I think she looks really cute, I mean how could she not look cute? But you know what I mean. I was really worried about it, but it will grow. And in the meantime, she has a cute short hair cut that is a lot easier to clean, brush and fix.
24 comments:
cute is an understatement...I LOVE it!! GORGEOUS. Last time I cut Maddy's hair it kept getting shorter and shorter...(it was supposed to just be a trim) and suddenly I had cut 3 inches off! I finally put the scissors down and said, "what have I done?" lol. I haven't cut her hair since she was 3. short cuts ARE easier!
hey as for my primary activity you commented on, I had 3 and 4 year olds doing it. You might have to help with the frosting, but the rest of it was fun and easy for them!
Oh my goodness... It is one of those things that you will look back on and laugh about. Recently I shared in a RS meeting what you had said about trying to look at life's moments as stories that you can tell... This will be a good one! And she looks adorable! I am excited that we get to meet her in a couple of weeks!!! And Bolton!!! Yay!!!!
Ok, first, love the bobbie pins in her hair, and love her in the boots! Very cute! And second, oh how sad about her hair! I would have cried too, really hard! But, she does look darling, you really did a good job giving her a short cut!
I would have to agree with the gorgeous comment! Way to make lemonade out of lemons.
really REALLY cute! and those boots seriously rock. do they come in my size i wonder???
Kim you did a great job of fixing her hair. She does look adorable. Love the boots too. Has Levi been forgiven yet?
Hugs & kisses to all. Mom
Has Levi been forgiven yet? :) That made me laugh.
Aw, adorable Eliza. How devastating!!! You did an awesome job!!!! She poses so well, love the A-Line!!!
Scissors can be such a vicious tool can't they?? Who knew a oops could turn out so darling! It really does look quite fantastic. Your turned it right around! I loved them with their cereal boxes and swords. Hilarious. Aren't boy games so funny to watch. We REALLY are wired differently from birth.
I LOVE the haircut... and those BOOTS.. holy canoli that is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love the boots with the PJ's in bed.. adorable! I can't wait to see you guys soon!
I love, love, LOVE it! I will have to resist high-fiving Levi when you guys come (I will high-five you instead for the adorable fix!). Of course, I'm kind of partial to short hair on wee ones. Have you seen my Lucy? Of course, she looks better now that Aunt Britty saves us from hair trauma. Could be worse, mine always attack the bangs and the top of their head. Why, for the love, WHY?
I love those boots too-she really looks like a little Texas cowgirl! I can't wait to see you guys. The kids were talking this morning on the way to school about how excited they are. Dalton told the girls you were going to be here next Sunday, and was upset when I told him it would be another week. He had interpreted "less than two weeks now" to mean "one week".
In any case, we look forward to seeing you and have reserved the requested dates to chill with the cousins! Love ya!
Cute haircut, gorgeous girl. Eliza really does look great with her short hair. It is always more sad when it is a little girl with gorgeous long hair needs an impromptu hair cut. Brigham and Calvin's cousin had to go boy short because she cut so much off all around her head. I think you did a great job on the cut. Hope you guys have a great trip home for the holidays!!!
D A R L I N G!!!!! All the way around!!!! Tragedy? Yes...at least temporarily. Fixable? Obviously!
I am TOTALLY impressed with how you fixed that "oops". She is a little doll-baby! And YOU might give Brindy a run for her money!
Where did you find those cute boots? She totally tickles me. So cute! There is a LOT to be said for ease of presentation!
Love, JTMIL
The home-done haircut turned out very cute. The worst kid haircuts are the ones that remove all the hair at the front of the head - SOOO hard to hide while it grows out.
After Sydney's bangs disaster about a year ago, she is almost looking normal again.
I'm seriously impressed with your hair cutting skills!!! I'm sorry for the cause, but you did a great job and she looks darling!!! I Love the boots with the pjs! Fabulous!!!!
wow! i couldn't cut my girls hair that cute! way to go. i'm sure you were sad, i would have been depressed also. thankfully your cute girl looks beautiful with long or short hair!
Her little bob is darling on her. I missed you in San Fran, but I'm so excited that you'll be here for Christmas! We'll catch up soon.
Just wanted to say I love you. I love reading & re-reading you blog. I love looking at the cute pictures. You are way too talented when it come to everything. You take great pictures. You remarks and funny and wonderful.
Love Mom
Kim, I look at your blog and think the same thing!! You are ALWAYS out and about and doing something fun ~ playing games, you're always up to something! You, ma dear, rock!! Also ~ we can be friends nutcracker or no!!! Seeing guys in tights has never been a qualification on the list of friend evaluations!!! You must see it though!!
WOw, I'm positive that I could never make my little girl's hair look that good on my own. Way to go! You are amazing. Love it!
Well, my goodness, she looks spectacular. Way to go! I would be sending Levi to his room, too. Yikes. (And I know what you mean about not being able to laugh your way through "Psych". That is pretty serious... "Psych" is how I end a bad day. It is so good at getting me to laugh.)
MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!! SOOOOO CUTE!!!! I love that little a-line cut on pretty eliza! JUST LOVE IT!!! your kids are so stinkin GORGOUS! which makes perfect sense cause there Momma is pretty darn cute herself! We love ya & hope you have a great christmas. Cannot get over the cuteness!
I just wanted to say I love you all tons. Eliza is georgous just like her mommy. She is way too cute in the boots. I loved having you here for the holidays, but I am happy that you are home and getting back into a routine. It is much easier on the kids being in their own home, but I miss you all sooooooooooooooooo much. Give everyone a kiss from me.
Love Mom
I am dumbfounded...I cannot find your email address & Im wanting to shoot you an email. I know you are BUSY BUSY BUsy but if you think of it could you shoot your email my way---jennifermsclater@gmail.com. thanks. still love the girlies hair cut:)
Ok I just got my fix for the day so I am a happy camper. Love to all. Hugs & kisses to all. Mom
Post a Comment