Saturday, October 10, 2009

Garage Sales are Fun!



That is definitely what the kids think, at least. What could be more fun than seeing long lost toys that mom confiscated months ago for not being picked up (I know, I'm mean). Oh, I know what could be more fun... all the distractions mom provides to keep me away from said toys...

Our helpers really loved these chairs and I thought they were so cute...
Do you notice a difference in how she is holding the rope compared with how you see my boys play? She is so girl and my boys are SO boy! Funny.


Beautiful Brandi.
After the tree incident (see below) I was really trying to keep Levi happy. I pulled out this bubble wrap and it did the trick. I mean, who doesn't love to play with bubble wrap?
Again, see the difference? I can't tell you the last time my kids were happy with just a pen and paper.
Once the bubbles were all popped, our little 3 year olds turned into the cutest frogs you've ever seen. Oh, they had fun.
Saturday, after soccer, the kids were really excited to open their first ever lemonade stand. People were SO generous! We had 6 customers, I think, and they made $8.75 to split between the three of the little entrepreneurs.

We made some money, got rid of some things and had some fun to boot, all in all it was a success!

4 comments:

aLi said...

yay!!! So fun, Kim! I agree with the differences between boys and girls. For a while I just thought Conrad was crazy- I was really frustrated with how active and wrestly- he was. Now I understand that he is just a boy. Boys are crazy and wrestly! Yes, that is a word! ;)

Dave said...

ahh, bubble wrap.

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Such FUN, FUN, FUN!!! Way to go little entrepreneurs! BOYS, NOISE, and WRESTLY go together! Dainty little girls are wonderful sideline observers! What a kick! Jonas's face is healing nicely.

Thanks for all the wonderful updates!!! love, JTMIL

JandS Morgan said...

The kids are so bad when I try to get rid of their stuff. Their tears don't stop me though :)