Thursday, August 13, 2009

New Do.

The following is really a lot of rambling, but its a story that makes me laugh so I wanted to record it. The point of the story is found in the pictures, I got a new hair cut. I just really like to ramble. Sorry.

On the way home from Utah, I was taking a turn in the driver's seat. Do you know how you can't really have a ponytail in the car because you have big knot on the bak of your head preventing you from relaxing against your headrest? Well, I'm getting pretty good at avoiding the situation, but I neglected to get my elastic before getting behind the wheel. So with the air condition blowing almost full force my hair was tickling my face and driving me crazy. Of course, Ethan has no idea about all this. This is proof:

I said, "Hon, can you help me with my hair?"

To which he replied, "Ya. I think you should cut it. You've been thinking about cutting it, right?" I had, in fact, NOT been thinking of cutting it. I was enjoying long hair and wanting to grow it long. "I think it would be good for a change."

I said, "Where did that come from? Half the time when I ask you for an opinion you can't give me one. Now all the sudden you're giving it to me unasked?!"

Of course, then I went all crazy inside thinking that he must hate my long hair and how now I have to cut it even though I really don't want to. Blah, blah, blah. I'm pretty insecure and now you all know how troubling it can be to live with me (OK, its even worse than you know, but whatever).

Here are some shots of the long hair I was enjoying...


So, I decided I could cut my hair to get a "change" but still keep my length. That was my plan. Last week I went and got it cut. I came home and tried to style it and it was a disaster! First of all, more length was cut off than I wanted. Then, there was a layer cut shorter than I knew what to do with. I hated it! When I did my hair wavy it did look good, so I could have gone for that full-time until it grew out, but its just not me... anyway... I called my friend up to see if she could fix it and this is the end result. I love it!

I know what you're thinking, for someone insecure you really shouldn't be putting embarassing pictures of yourself on the blog... well Bryant was taking the picture and he had me saying something funny and if you know me, you know I'm animated to a fault and this is the best picture we got out of 5. Sad, but true. At least its good of the hair.

And to finish off the post I want to say that as I was looking for a good before picture and found these of Ethan and I, I couldn't help but think about how lucky I am to have him. My friend Kim commented that after our reunion she was thinking about how perfect he is for me and I can't agree more. He's even more perfect for me than any of you know. We have so much fun together and learn so much from each other and help each other be better and just love each other so much. I am so lucky, beyond words. You all know, of course. He's way better than I deserve, but man! I feel so blessed to have him! That's all. My rambling is done for now.

13 comments:

Vause Family said...

What a funny post! I LOVE the hair.

Josie said...

Funny! If it makes you feel any better, I just got my hair cut last week, a pretty drastic cut in length, and my husband didn't even notice!!

aLi said...

I had no idea you had cut your hair, why didn't you say anything the other day? PErhaps because I was the one doing the talking. oh yeah.
I LOVE IT!!! Of course, you really can pull anything off!!!

amen to how you and ethan compliment each other!

Joni said...

Looks good! And there are others of us who pretty much know what it would be like to live with you. It wasn't as bad as you make it. Love ya!

Beckstrand's said...

Your hair cut is so cute.

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! the hair!!! I think you could probably wear it about any way you wanted and look darling!!! But that IS a funny story! And we think Ethan is BLESSED to have you!!!! I prayed for someone who would treasure his uniqueness and goodness! Love, Jane TMIL

Grandma Hoss said...

Funny, funny story. You look darling with the hair long or short. Infact I don't think that it is possible for you to wear your hair in a way that you didn't look gorgeous. I do love the new hair do. I especially liked the eyes, it reminded me of Rachael Ray when she is saying, "Who do you think should be the next food networks star?" Her eyes aren't nearly as pretty as yours, but she opens them that way. You and Ethan are perfect for each other.

Hugs & kisses.

Love Mom Holliday

Jeni said...

What a great story! And what cute hair!

Terra said...

cute hair.

Lori said...

isn't it fun to switch things up? you look great!

Travis and Heather said...

Love love love the hair, something about short hair just calls out to me. I love short hair!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!! totally cute! I bet ethan cant keep his hands of you:)

JandS Morgan said...

Looks fabulous, thank goodness you could get it fixed the way you like. I've always thought you look super cute with short hair.