Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandpa Woody!

Grandpa Woody turned 60 on September 7, 2007 and we had a party! Gracie and Bryant both wanted to say the prayer for dinner, so Eric suggested they arm wrestle to decide. He and Scott had to show them how it was done...
Bryant won...

I wanted to show these pictures because they are of the best looking pies I have ever made. I made one apple and my first ever lemon meringue. The oven cooked a little hot on my meringue, but other than that, I think they look pretty good. And they tasted wonderful!


I'm not really sure what Jonas is doing in this one, but it sure is cute!

The highlight of the evening was Tom and Lisa's gift to Scott. They gave him a two wheel, wheel barrow. The kids wanted ride after ride after ride... They never tired of it, though they tired out 4 pushers! Jonas laughed and laughed when Tom pushed him at high speed. Bryant thought it looked like fun, but once he jumped in he never stopped saying "slow down" even before they started moving. Levi still will just sit in the wheel barrow until I give him a ride and after I finish the ride he refuses to get out, so I let him sit there a while longer, take a turn with him, he refuses to get out...he LOVES it! I only wish it had straps so it could be a more reliable babysitter! :)





Free slideshows, photo and video editing at www.OneTrueMedia.com
This video is long, but it was the best one we got showing how much fun the kids had.


All in all it was a fantastic party! Happy Birthday Scott!!!! We love ya!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day and what cute kids; spouses; and grandkids I have. I loved the pies! Thanks for everyones efforts to help me feel old! :-)

aLi said...

Awh. You've officially made me homesick.

But, on the bright side, way to go with the pies! Nice peaking job wiht the meringue. :)
And Happy Birthday to my Dad.

Carrie said...

The pies look beautiful! I don't think I have enough guts to try a lemon meringue.

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Yeah, and the pies tasted OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! She even picked the apples off our tree! She is my inspiration! In another life, I attempted pies, but not lately. Kim, you are da bom! love, jane

kate said...

what a party! man, nothing better than wheel barrow rides! i totally remember loving those as a kid. cute cute boys.