Bryant and Ethan were in the bathroom this morning while Ethan was getting ready for clinic, Bryant says (while looking up at Ethan's painting of a manta ray), "I'm scared of manta rays, are you?"
Ethan replied, "No."
"Why not?"
"Because they don't eat people." The wise father answers.
"What do they eat?" The inquisitive 4 year old asks.
"Bugs"
"What are the bugs called?"
"Plankton"
To his dad's utter astonishment Bryant says matter of factly, "That's what Basking Sharks eat. And they eat krill."
Just so you know, I, the mother, have never even heard of a Basking Shark until this morning. I had to look it up on Wikipedia (see link above) to know if it was real.
5 comments:
holy cow. Next time I see little B I'm going to ask him to teach me a thing or two!
He is such a sponge, isn't he?
I love it!!! He's such a smart kid. The things he says (always so matter-of-a-fact) make me laugh!
What a smart grandkid ('s) we have. Looking forward to the move! :-))
Give them all a big hug from me.
So what kind of a mother makes a 1 year old come inside when he is soaking wet and having so much fun? (tongue in cheek question) He is way too cute.
And that Bryant...GOOD GRIEF!!! He is gonna pass his daddy with his animal knowledge! Speaking of being a sponge...ask him about sea sponges and I'll bet he'll have some answers for you! lOVE, MOMMA Jane
This does not surprise me one BIT! That Bryant is a smart little one. I love the way you so patiently answer all his questions. You are a great Mom!
Post a Comment