Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Choosing Our Battles

Sometimes its just not worth worrying about. Other times...

Levi is driving us crazy because he is constantly standing up in his high chair, during dinner we say "sit down Levi" more times than we even care to count, followed by sitting him down. I finally get so tired of it, that I get him down. What is a parent to do? Any words of wisdom out there?


While it would be nice if my kids were perfect and didn't give me extra laundry to do all the time, this one is just not worth worrying about. We got a big bucket of marionberries and I made some jam. I had so many berries left that I made Berry Crisp, ice cream, and sorbet (so Bryant wasn't left out with his milk allergy). YUMMY!!!! Jonas really got down and dirty with the sorbet. When I first walked into the room when he was eating it (Ethan was supervising), it looked like he'd been stabbed-I guess it was a hit!

6 comments:

Vause Family said...

Lop Levi's legs off an the knees. That will solve your problem. And please don't heed any of my advice! Great pictures of you and the kids at the beach. I can only imagine how cold the water is up there!

Carrie said...

We have the same problem with Ethan, except it's in the grocery cart. No matter how tight I strap him in, I have to constantly sit him on his bottom again. I have no suggestions for you. If you hear of anything that helps, I'd love for you to share it.

Joseph Sandiego said...

I love marionberries! Especially pies and jam. And good job keeping Jonas clean, I mean watching him enjoy the sorbet, Ethan.

Terra said...

Paul was horrible about standing in his high chair. We finally got a chair that clamps onto the table instead. With his legs hanging he couldn't stand up as well (he did manage it once).
Great pics! I love Jonas and the berries!

aLi said...

mmm, marionberries.

KellyAnne said...

At first glance I thought Jonas had gotten into your lipstick! As for the high chair problem... keep doing what you're doing. It happens again when they sit in a real chair too... have fun! ;)