Red Ribbon Week was a bit of a disappointment for Levi... he really needs a haircut and the deal was that he could wait until crazy hair day...but then they didn't even have crazy hair day! What a bummer! Not to be stopped, he decided to do his hair crazy anyway. So after his shower Monday night he went to bed looking like this...
After the curlers came out...
And pooling it out! Its too bad it was a rainy day because it didn't last all day, but he was pretty excited with how it came together.
This is the view that greets me every time I leave our parking lot. I love it, a lot.
I would love to get good pictures of the fall foliage, but I'm always stuck driving. So these two are the best I can do.
Lunch with Ethan at the BX turned into an exciting time when the Jazz game came on.
Bolton got to go on an awesome field trip to a sheep farm. While they were there they got to make a wool ball, shear a sheep, make butter, and eat ice cream. He had so much fun. I wish I could have been there, but this pregnant body is taking it as easy as possible. Thankfully a friend snapped some cute pictures of him making butter. He did not like the butter, even after all that work!
The day of the Med Group trick or treat event Ethan went over to the BX to find something to wear. He sent this picture to me.
When we got to the hospital, all sorts of people were outside and we learned that there was a fire alarm right at the time we were supposed to be starting. So instead of people trickling in, we were all a huge group waiting outside and then when we finally got to go in, it was mayhem. I did not enjoy myself. At all. But the kids were happy, so at least there's that.
I told the kids they were on their own for costumes this year, I wasn't up for making things. Bolton decided to be a dementor (from Harry Potter).
Eliza was a vampire with a dress borrowed from a friend.
Jonas found this great ninja shirt at the thrift store for $1 and make it work with some stuff from home. He had almost given up on dressing up this year because he couldn't think of what to do for a costume.
Levi wanted to be a guy with a sword sticking through him. The plan was to go front to back, but then Jonas asked him how he was going to sit in the car, so he opted for side to side. It didn't work out too well and he changed his costume the next day.
Abe was the only one who got to have a mom made costume. He wanted to be a skeleton and while it wasn't a huge amount of work, it did take a fair amount of time that I could have been using on other projects. Good thing he looked so cute in it.
The day of the event I also decided I needed a costume, so I turned to the internet for ideas and when I saw the Death Star I knew it had to be! I had the grey fabric, I used a sharpie to draw the lines and then I got a big Tshirt from the thrift store and cut a hole in it big enough for the belly. I sprayed paint over it and attached some little star wars ships to it and it was complete.
We had the end of soccer season. And a day where we could finally got to all the games for our kids (none of them were at the same time, hooray!).
Bolton took a hard ball to the face and took it like a champ.
I only had my phone for pictures, so they're pretty terrible. But Eliza and Bolton both played and got a lot better over the course of the season. I'm so proud of them.
Bryant and Jonas' team was named champions after they won their game. And since they never got to have snack after their games and they were going to miss their team party we decided to celebrate the end of the season with a picnic at the park. The kids had so much fun playing.
Saturday evening was our ward trunk or treat. We had a lot of fun with our friends and the kids got plenty of candy to add to their stores from the day before.
Levi changed his costume to a Drug Free Kid.
On October 30 when I went in to wake Levi for school, I thought these two boys looked so cute together I had to take a picture.
What happened next gets its own post...

























2 comments:
I think that the kids did a great job on costumes. Fantastic job on soccer. What a great haul on candy. The two boys look adorable. Do they share a queen bed? Can't wait for the next blog. Love Mom
That's so cool how you made your shirt. I wondered, that's totally do-able. :) So fun! I can't wait to read your next blog post!
Post a Comment