Is it just me, or is time zooming by? We got home from Tokyo and the rest of the month went by in a flash! We had a pretty low key end of the month with a few cub scout events that will get their own post.
I don't remember why we snapped this photo, but I think its pretty great. Levi is my buddy. A kid asked him if he was a boy or a girl sometime around the time this was taken. He was confused because Levi always wears a purple coat. Ha! Purple is Levi's favourite colour and when he saw this coat in our hand-me-downs for Eliza he asked if he could have it and wears it all.the.time. I love that he isn't afraid of what others think.
The kids read through these chat books constantly. I really need to get my act together and print the blog into books... its just such an overwhelming prospect.
Ethan gives double piggy back rides most nights after prayer. We have a very common routine at our house each night. We read scriptures, the kids race to see how is on their knees for prayer fastest (they have to say, "Champ!" to win...but they can't be on their knees until the last word is read). Then we pray. As soon as amen is said, its a race between the youngest three who can ask Dad for a ride fastest. They get taken into bed and within a few minutes are back out in the living room chatting because the big boys take for.ev.er. to go to their rooms. They have reading time for usually 30 minutes before lights out and then, aside from Abraham, things really settle down.
Excuse the mess, but we were all so excited to watch The Great British Baking Show together! I love that the kids love watching it with me... but I wish I could watch it on my own in a way... we very rarely have time to sit down and watch something together.
We make FHE assignments for the whole month, Ethan always comes up with fun and creative ideas... this time was leg wrestling. Everyone got a kick out of it.
As you may have heard our family health challenge for February was to go Sugar Free. We were allowed one treat serving of treat per week and if we stuck to it then the kids were awarded $20. If they ate an additional treat in a week their reward dropped by $5. Eliza quickly gave up and enjoyed treats all month long, but the rest of the crew did an amazing job. At the end of the month when payday came they wanted to spend their money asap. Abe was able to buy several cool Imaginex toys. We love that brand. Perfect toys for my little guys!
Bolton spent some of his money on this little remote control car. It has been a lot of fun for everyone to play with!
I asked the kids what they feel like they learned and/or gained from sticking to their goal for the whole month their responses were fun.
Bryant: "Dieting is hard. Working for a long time toward a goal makes it even sweeter when you achieve it."
Jonas: "My willpower. I can do hard things."
Levi: "Sugar makes you hyper...its better to not be hyper."
Bolton: "Awesomeness!!!"
We can do hard things. And life is full of choices and its up to us to decide what is most important to us. For my 5 boys they decided that money was more important to them than eating treats. I'm glad they learned that they have a choice. It was good for me to remember too. Sometimes I feel dragged down by what I "should" do but its empowering to think of it in terms of being an agent free to choose what is most important to me.










1 comment:
What a great family activity. I am proud of you all. Maybe next time Eliza will want to earn some money too. But it was her choice. Way to go Woodbury's. Love you. Mom
Post a Comment