I let the girls choose the activities this year. They were really excited about the two planned for March... painting and sewing! Our painting activity was really ambitious. First we talked about and looked at a lot of different works of art and artists. We ended with Monet and VanGogh. I presented these two paintings to them and let them choose which one they wanted to create.
We actually ended up doing a little more mixed media using oil pastels and paint to create their works of art. Here's the VanGogh table.
And the Monet table.
Some of their finished works.
This activity could have been better for me... though the girls LOVED it! I think if we did it again I'd just choose one painting for everyone to do and I would lead it at the front of the room. We ended up starting a little late (always have girls show up late) and then ended really late (A full 30 minutes! Sorry parents!).
Our sewing activity got postponed because we were asked to help with a service project! A woman in our ward served her mission in Venezuela and had been collecting clothing, toys, and shoes for the people there. We were tasked with boxing it all up and getting it ready for shipping. The girls really had fun! And we had a lot of work to do!
We started with about 20 bags of clothes/shoes and ended up fitting it all into 6 big boxes to send.
Some of the girls thought they might like a trip to Venezuela too.
I love working with these girls! They are awesome!

















No comments:
Post a Comment