Saturday, October 22, 2016

Wingman Day

Our current base is really good at providing activities for families.  For those who don't feel like getting out in our host country much there is still lots to do just staying on base.

The Friday before Columbus day was Wingman Day.  They had a big event at the Weasels' Den with bouncy houses and games.  Jonas was determined at the strong man hammer game.  He swung that hammer over and over.  He reached 950, but never quite all the way to 1000.  We were all impressed with his commitment.

Levi felt like he had to give it a try, too.  But not nearly as determined as Jonas.  I think he swung it 2-3 times is all.

Ethan showed the boys how it was done, but he was too fast, so I didn't get a picture of him in action.

Once it got dark we convinced the kids to come inside.  They got freebies and candy galore.  They played games and even did some mini golf (which was free for the day!).  I haven't ever really checked out the mini golf course and I was pretty impressed with it.  Eliza and Bolton had a great time!




It was a great evening that got us ready for an even better long weekend!

1 comment:

Grandma Hoss said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Loved all of the pictures. Did you play mini golf? Jonas will get to the 1000 lbs soon. Thanks for sharing. Love you tons Mom