October 11, since the kids were out of school and Ethan was off work, we wanted to continue our adventures and exploration. We started the day with a stop at a Dahlia Garden in Gonohe Town. Truth be told I was the only one who was excited about this, but Ethan and Eliza got on board. When we got there Bryant, Jonas, Bolton, and Abraham were all willing to get out and see what I was excited about, but Levi refused to even get out of the car.
Upon entrance to the garden we saw more dahlias than we could have imagined.
There were so many varieties, different colours and shapes and sizes. It was amazing! I loved it!
The bees and butterflies loved it too!
But to all of our surprise everyone else in the family loved it too! It was so much fun hearing my kids call me from different parts of the garden to "come and look at this one!" or to "take a picture of this one, Mom!" So, yeah, I took way more pictures than necessary, but I got some really beautiful photos! I tried to only post my favourite flower shots as well as the photos with my lovely family.
Jonas pointed this one out to me, "Mom! This one looks like Mickey Mouse!"
This one was a favourite of at least a couple of the kids. At least for a minute or two. They changed favourites every couple minutes.
I think she was afraid it might eat her!
We're lucky we didn't lose any of the kids in these rows of beauty. Several times I heard the big boys and Eliza mention how Levi was missing out. So Ethan decided to go out to the van to see if he wanted to change his mind. I guess sitting in the car by himself proved my boring than he expected a flower garden to be, so he joined us when we'd already been through 3/4 of the garden already.
I loved that I was able to get some cool photos of the pollinators doing their thing.
Jonas really liked these ones. And we were all wondering if they were, in fact, dahlias since they looked so different.
We had seen so many of the giant blossoms that when we came upon these tiny blooms they looked so cute!
Three flowers, three butterflies. Not a great photo, but pretty cool, nonetheless.
There was a little shop where you could select individual blossoms to create your own bouquet. I had to take some home with me!
The cute little lady who wrapped up my bouquet.
And the cute little guy who carried my bouquet out to the car for me. It was a great reminder of the beautiful creations Heavenly Father has blessed us with on earth. You can't help buy know that He loves us when you see all this beauty.











































1 comment:
The flowers are beautiful. I'm glad that Levi finally came in to the garden. Was he happy to see the flowers too. Great pictures. Love you Mom
Post a Comment