Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Ethan's Grandparent's Christmas Party 2015

Going to Utah for Christmas is a lot of work.  But it also so special because we get to be a part of such fun events like Grandma and Grandpa's big party.  First we ate a delicious dinner...



While some of the littlest among us explored the presents.  They certainly kept their parents busy (while their aunt Kim happily snapped pictures).

This was my favorite, all these little ones gathered around Grandma to eat their dinner.  Jane said when I posted this on instagram, that she would love to hear the conversation at this table and I couldn't agree more!  Love these cute kids!


After dinner we had a talent show and it was awesome!  Bryant played the piano, a song from the primary song book called Shepherd's Carol.  He did fantastic!  Eliza planned a dance but lasted about 5 seconds before erupting in tears and running to me.  It didn't help that her brothers were laughing while she danced (even if it wasn't at her).  She just didn't remember what she was supposed to do and was embarrassed.  Our family sang an old inside joke song (with Kim's family who had the same idea!)  The kids sang that song the entire trip.  Catchy.  When Gracie opened the floor to anyone who wanted to perform, all of Ethan's brothers and Dad went up to sing...


And Bolton also took a turn and sang We Wish You a Merry Christmas.  It was adorable.  

After the talent show it was the time the kids were most excited for, present!!!  They all went up to the table where Grandma and Grandpa were sitting and opened their gifts there.  


We went in groups by age and it was fun to see their reactions.  And Grandma and Grandpa's reactions.





I love to see my kids interacting with their cousins!  We are so blessed with such awesome families!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you tired of me gushing yet? I just think these are the BEST!!! Such wonderful times together! Who knew 46 years ago when Scott and I got engaged that all this posterity and love and good times would result????

I am feeling so blessed.

LOVE !!!

Grandma Hoss said...

This was wonderful to read and see. Makes the whole trip worth while, plus I know that you brought a ton of happiness and joy to Ethan's grandparents. Keep up the good work. I need to close this time on the computer for now. But next time I come home I hope to finish replying. Love you more than you will ever know. Mom