Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Beignets, Illness, Ballet and Academic Achievements

We finally got around to making beignets with the kids.  I think its safe to say they enjoyed them!




Unfortunately, we've had several bouts of illness this month.  Abraham got hit pretty hard.  One night I came home and found him sound asleep under the computer chair.  None of the kids even knew he was right under their feet.

The next morning, I was lucky enough to take Eliza to the Nutcracker with her 2nd grade class.  It was the first time I've ever seen it and it was so much fun!  I really enjoyed the first act a lot.  The second act kind of confused me...  The kids must have been a little lost as well, it was funny to watch them fall asleep, wiggle in their seats, etc.  It was really awesome to have that time with Eliza.  She is such a doll!

Abraham didn't move from this spot while I was away.  Poor guy.

Bryant has been working really hard on school and was super excited that he finished his Pre-Algebra curriculum already!  Now we're on to Algebra 1!  Woohoo!

Jonas has found an author that he really, really enjoys reading.  Andrew Clements.  He has read many of his books and he is moving up in his accelerated reader program at school because of it.  I am really happy for him that he's enjoying reading!  Reading opens up so many exciting worlds!

Eliza is also moving on up the AR program at school.  She reads books like I've been eating candy.  :)  I am so impressed with her.  She is such a smart girl and doesn't get told that enough.  She just has so many other things she excels at...

December started out great for the Woodbury family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor little Abee's face looks so sick!!! SUPER proud of these achievements in school! GO, Bryant!!! Knock it out of the ball park, Jonas!!! Way to make my proud buttons pop, Eliza!!!

Grandma Hoss said...

That was super. Your children are too smart. Just like their mom. I really feel for Abe. He looks so sick. Hope all is well now. Much love Mom