Friday, October 10, 2014

Blackbeard the Pirate

I have been wanting to get these pictures posted for ages, but for some reason my phone just wouldn't back these photos up to my google account.  I've been fighting with the automatic back up for months... anyway, I finally emailed myself these pictures so I could put them here and move on with the rest of our August, September, and now October!  My goodness time is zooming by!!!

The last week of summer vacation my kids got to participate in the Missoula Children's Theatre production of Blackbeard the Pirate.  They had a lot of fun!!!  It was a pretty large cast!

Can you spy Eliza and Bryant? From the audience it was difficult to pick my kids out at first.  Luckily Eliza had recognizable shoes so I spotted her pretty quickly I don't think I would have been able to otherwise.  Eliza is a parrot and Bryant is a crab.

Can you find Levi and Jonas in this one?  I'll give you a hint, Levi is a sailor and Jonas is a crab.

Eliza was so funny!  The parrots all had to say the same things most of the time, but Eliza was chosen to be the one to say something different at the end.  First they all said, "I want a cracker" one right after another and then at the end of the line Eliza said, "I want an English Muffin!"  The next time they were onstage they each took a turn saying "I want a sandwich!" and she said, "I still want an English Muffin!"  She got some good laughs from the audience.  I was so proud of her for doing her best to say it loud enough.  It was hard to say loudly because she was using the funniest little voice.  She was the cutest parrot!

The crabs had a little more to say, but I don't remember anything they said at this point.  The boys commented about having so many lines!  (Maybe 7... and some of them one word).  But the biggest thing of note for them was how hot they were in those costumes!  My favorite part with the crabs was when they walked off stage making their crabby sound in the tune of the Star Wars theme music.


Levi got to be a sailor with some of his favorite friends.  That was a rowdy bunch of little boys, I'm sure!  I totally didn't recognize him at first with his mustache and goatee, but he looks awesome!


It was such a fun experience for them.  They had rehearsal from 9-2:30 Tues, Wed, Thur and then on Friday morning and they performed on Friday afternoon.  So, they didn't get too much experience on what doing an actual play is like, but they got a taste of the fun of performing for an audience.  I was so glad that Ethan got to come see it as well.  It was such a fun experience for the whole family!

1 comment:

Grandma Hoss said...

I don't know what just happened, but everything I had type just disappeared. Bryant and Eliza were hard for me to see, but Jonas and Levi I spotted right away. Your tip helped for Levi. What fun for all of them and the rest of the family getting to see them in the play. Thanks for sharing. Love you tons. Mom