Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spring Break 2013 Part 2: Abraham Lincoln Birthplace

On our way back to home, we stopped at the Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Park.  It was such a great little stop.  And a highlight of our trip, for sure!  


The memorial is like a mini Lincoln Memorial built around a similar cabin to the one where Abraham Lincoln was born.

Fifty-six steps to represent the 56 years of Abraham Lincoln's life.

The cute family who went to visit the memorial. 


Sinking Spring the water source for the farm at his birth home.

The very best vacations include lots of outside time where the kids can run, jump, shout... you know, be kids.






I'll never guess where the kids get their craziness...


They have a great Junior Ranger program at this park (and lots of others!) that JOnas was really exited to participate in.  He worked hard and (with some help and lots of encouragement from Grandpa) he earned his Junior Ranger badge.  We were all pretty proud of him for working toward a goal and following through and achieving it!  

4 comments:

Grandma Hoss said...

You are totally correct in saying the high light of the trip. Dad and I loved it. One could not have asked for a more perfect day weather wise + I loved learning new things. I did not know that Lincoln was born there. I thought he was from Illinois. The country side was beautiful. All in all it was great!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were very proud of Jonas too. Wonderful memories.

Love you tons & tons. Mom

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

How I miss this beautiful, fun, FUNNY family!!! What amazing wonderful pictures! How did you capture Levi hopping like that?!??! Thanks for sharing! Love YOU! Jane

Unknown said...

I just saw your new photo of the family at the top of your blog!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Jane

Shiree said...

I have been to this place. It is pretty cool, isn't it? I really like it, too.