Sometimes you just have random pictures that are just too good not to put into your family history, right? Even if they aren't part of something that merits its own post on the blog, you just have to post it. So there are a few randoms thrown into this post that covers about a month's worth of time.
Do you even need a really, really quick and easy activity for Family Home Evening? Dad came up with this perfect activity... everyone make muscle poses! The kids thought it was so fun and everyone laughed and laughed. A perfect way to end our family night.
When Grandma came to help with the baby, the baby didn't come for a few days, so we got spoiled and Grandma bought a little gingerbread village for us. The kids' each got their own building. It was fun to put them together.
And after much begging, Dec. 17 they had even more fun tearing into them and chowing down.
Eliza looks like she's "not impressed." Guess she was tired of taking pictures and wanted to eat!
The day before the baby's arrival, we went to the Cross Country Banquet and awards ceremony. It was held at the high school, it was dark and raining by the time we were getting there (late already) but then I could not for the life of me find how to get into the high school parking lot. I was very frustrated! But we got there and the kids were able to get their recognition and see their friends.
I know the pictures are all blurry, but I was using my phone and we were in the very back of the auditorium and they were so excited they were moving pretty quickly. I just wanted to say that Coach Bright was so great with the kids, especially Levi. I think she's the reason that he started back up after taking his little break. She always made a point of talking to him and telling him that he should be running (in a kind and loving way). She was great! I'm thankful for people who are willing to share their talents in helping others develop their own.
In preparation for Christmas, we told the kids that we weren't going to do presents if the house was dirty. So on Christmas Adam and Christmas Eve we all worked together to get the house ready. Levi was especially dedicated to the cause. Jonas, however, was not. Here he is just looking at the rest of us working. We had to document it. He seriously just sat and watched... he ended up with one less gift under the tree because of it.
I'm working on a plan to help him figure out how to work... if it doesn't work, I'm open to sending him to one of you experts to whip him into to shape. ;)








2 comments:
Cute pictures! I love the showing off the muscles especially. Did the kids like eating their creations? Jo is a little stinker, a cute one but a stinker. Maybe during the summer you should have him come to our house and we will work him hard, so when he returns he thinks that helping there is easier than here. I know that he would get homesick for his family.
What great shots of the cross country champions!!!! With all those muscles, it's no wonder they all are winners!
Yummy gingerbread houses! LUCKY children who got to eat them! That's gotta be the best part! (I can't say for sure, because I never got to eat one...but it SEEMS like that would be the best part!!!)
Ask Dr. Duane about remedies for lookers and not workers. (Hint)
LOVE!!! JTMIL
Post a Comment