Monday, December 10, 2012

December 6-7


The morning of the 6 we talked about the baby's name.  I could tell Ethan had reservations about the name we had discussed.  So we talked some more.  My mom came in with Bolton and Eliza.  They were excited.  I think Bolton was just as excited to be in a new place as he was to see the baby.  He did keep saying, "Baby so cute!"

Bolton also found the baby's toes and did "Little Piggies."  We got some awesome video of this visit.

Trying to keep Bolton entertained and away from Mommy's belly and the baby was a little tricky.  The glasses worked for awhile until Dad realized if he wanted to keep his glasses he'd better keep them safe too...

Grandma got to be the bad guy...

He turned to mommy with his puppy dog eyes and "Please, mommy! Please!"

Eliza hasn't stopped asking if she can hold him.  Or hug him. Or kiss him.

We tried to let Grandma have some snuggle time too.

Then my brain started working and I turned on the TV.  That got Bolton's attention.

And kept it.  Even with Daddy's pestering.  It was funny.

I am so blessed.

I can't get over how gorgeous my baby is!



When Ethan got back from showering and getting ready for the day, we got back to discussing the baby's name.  We had decided on his middle name, which is my dad's name.  We wanted a strong name for his first name and one that would help him become the best man he can be.  Abraham just felt right.  We sent out the text to let people know.

My mom came with all the kids soon after.  She hadn't gotten the text yet, so we got to tell her in person.  She cried. It was cute.

The kids were all super excited to hold Abe.





And we got our first official family photo.  Wow.  We have a big family.  Looking at this makes me cry.

We opted to stay at the hospital one more night.  I'm so glad we did. I slept so well!  Between 11 and 4 he was soundly asleep I actually got up to get him at 4.  I was afraid the nurse had given him a bottle or something.  Nope, he was just sleeping.

In the morning we got ready to head home.  Abraham got to put on some clothes that actually fit him (the shirts they have at the hospital are tiny!).


We were welcomed by some happy greeters.


Abraham is really sleepy, but for some reason at night he thinks he needs me to hold him to stay asleep.  I'm sure we'll figure it out soon.  In the meantime, we are all adoring his sweet disposition and getting all the snuggles in we can.  The kids are constantly asking if they can hold him or where he is, if I've managed to hide him away in peace somewhere.

8 comments:

Terra said...

Congrats, Kim! New babies are magical--especially at Christmas. Enjoy him.

kate said...

he is awesome! and definitely looks like one of yours. what a cutie. i'm glad things went pretty smoothly. and i think you chose a really cool and strong name. well done! hope you're getting some good rest. :)

aLi said...

How sweet. He is a cutie!!! It's fun to see who he reminds me of. Levi and Eliza??? I don't know. He is for sure your kid!!! I'm glad he's a happy guy for you!1!

Joni said...

He looks like a keeper! Congratulations to you and Ethan. I'm glad all went fairly well.

Grandma Hoss said...

Kim the pictures are great. I love them all. Missing you and the family, but it was wonderful to be with your dad last night. A tiny bit hard to get up this morning and go to work, but seeing the new post made it all worth while. I love your blog. Not as much as I love you and your sweet family. Thanks for letting me come and share in this special time with you all. Give everyone a kiss from me and tell them that I love them. Mom

Laurie said...

Another beautiful baby! Well done! I love the name Abraham. He looks a little like Eliza? Hmm...I can never really tell right away. Hope you are getting some sleep and taking it easy.

Andrea said...

oh he's gorgeous!! you've yet again done fabulous!!
so happy for you all!!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

I thought I had commented on these!!! Sorry. I think I read this post and then couldn't sign on. Erin had used this computer and I couldn't figure out how to get her name off and I didn't know her password, etc. etc.

Anyway, he is BEAUTIFUL!!! Ya done good!

Love, Jane