Another thing that I loved about 2011 was that I was able to lose around 15 pounds! I was doing great keeping track of my daily calories and working out at least 3 times (more often 4) a week. However, when we went to Utah in November I totally fell off the wagon and have been struggling to get back on ever since.
I don't know what I'm looking for or why I'm posting this really... I'm just curious if anyone out there in blogland is dealing with similar feelings and seeking support or motivation as well. Maybe we can figure out something we can do in all our different parts of the world to encourage us all to get our healthy lifestyles back on track. It would have to be simple since I'm doing all I can to get my house ready to sell... which, by the way, is about the most stressful thing EVER!!!
Let me know what you think.
13 comments:
I need some motivation too. I have 10 lbs. of baby weight left, but everytime my baby is sleeping, there are so many things I want to do-- and exercising isn't one of them. I did clean my house today, and I always feel like that's at least a bit of a work out. :)
Yesterday Kevin suggested something he'd like to do- every Sunday he wants us to each share a goal that we want to work on-- just for that week. So maybe I can start out with small, attainable goals and they'll be far-reaching. Baby steps. Best of luck to you!
And good luck with the house- selling is stressful. Get laundry baskets, everytime you have a showing- throw all of your clutter in them and take them with you in the car when you go. And after house hunting, I can say that homes that are clean and well-organized are a definite make a difference (although it's more helpful to have an eye for the "bones" of the house). Get rid of as much as you can and pack up a lot and store away. Play up the best features! Hope it sells super fast.
If you find, some, I need some. I am a terrible exerciser. I think I have exercised 5 times since Sydney was born and 2 of those were in the last week. After Austin was born, I was somehow roped in to running a relay marathon. I only had to run 5 miles, but I had to train at least a little bit or I would never have made it one mile. I felt awesome...would like to get back to that...but I can never figure out how. I refuse to run outside in the cold....I do work out videos at home sometimes, with kids climbing all over me the whole time. I just always give up because it is too hard. Blech....
I am the last to give advice on exercise...unless it's for jumping to conclusions....I am good at that.
Love, and GOOD LUCK!!!
Jane
So glad you are in my boat. I too need to return back to healthy eating and exercise and my house is now up for sale and my stomach aches from the stress!!!! :) if you find the answer let me know.
join myfitnesspal.com and we can be friends. comments from my friends and hubby help me to stay motivated. i also keep my food diary open to my friends so there is accountability for what goes in my mouth.
one thing that's worked for me the last 6+ weeks is a point system. i give myself daily goals each week & email them to Van and Amanda. (each sunday i write them up) and then award points at the end of every day (10 = perfect day 5 = oops day and 0 = totally blew it day) when I reach 300 I get to cash in on a prize. generally it's something I really want so I work hard to get those points. right now I'm earning points to get my hair chopped off. :D
congrats on the 15 lbs, btw. kudos!!!
The hardest part about exercising for me is finding the right time to do it. I have to go when Brian's at home to watch the kids, so it's basically before he leaves for work in the morning, or after the kids go to bed at night. I don't really like either of those options, so I've got to figure something else out.
Good luck on selling your house. I forgot - did you say where you guys are headed to next?
I always do the best when I am in a competion. That seems to motivate me. I will say that the older I get the harder it is for me to want to try and lose weight. It could be because your dad always tells me that I won't be able to loose the weight and that gets me discouraged, and when I am discouraged all I want to do is eat really fattening food. I should know better, but I don't. Do you want to compete? That would help me! and maybe you! Just let me know.
Love you tons. Mom
forget motivation...come eat donuts & pizza at our house some weekend..soon:) miss you guys!
I can't believe you can even worry about exercise AND selling a house. I think I would eat a chocolate bar a day and enjoy it, then loose the weight after the house sold. Yes, that is not a healthy habit.:) Trying to buy a business makes me want to eat daily chocolate bars. Ethan is comin to Chicago?? We'd love to help him if we could! Email me will ya, let me know if there is something I can do. Place to stay, dinner, car....whatever! hettertaylor@yahoo.com
pps. Weight lifting always lifts my spirits. But ya need a gym, and some incredibly good music.:)
Kim,
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I lost 14 lbs. during a weight challenge last year and even kept it off until the new year, when I was going to climb back on the wagon.
I must have missed the wagon. But hey, I found 3 lbs!
I need another competition too. Whaddya think about a family competition?
I like it.
Love Mom
I know people don't like to hear from me about exercising....and I think this is horrible motivation.....but.....
I was sitting on the couch last night thinking there was no way I was going to do my workout. And then I started watching My 600 Lb Life on TLC or something. There's some motivation! I started thinking about all the habits and addictions that puts you in that place and suddenly I didn't want to do anything that was remotely similar to those habits. So I got up and put my video on my laptop (kept the tv show on) and worked out. And then I drank some chocolate milk!....see?....there are immediate rewards! And it's a good recovery drink.
Post a Comment