Ethan and I joined a group of friends from church to take part in the 1st Annual Mudslinger of A-Town. Its a 3 mile run/walk/obstacle course with a giant mud pit at the end. I told Ethan I would do it, if he would stay with me the whole time... he agreed and so this became our "date" for the week.
Here's our group... at the starting line they were asking people where they were from (as in what group or organization) we were really hoping they'd ask us so we could shout at the top of our voices that we were the Mormons! But they didn't... guess we should have dressed alike, the painted faces weren't enough.

Ah, it feels good to be on a date and to be clean...

So during the course of the run, we faced a balance beam, a wall to climb, a tire run, an inflatable slide, and hurdles. We had to pull a giant tire from point A to point B, roll some barrels across a field, army crawl under a huge net, and the main event... the mud pit... Ethan stayed with me the whole time, but when he saw that mud he took off. I guess he was excited.

What do you think? Does he look excited? He just went for it...

I was a little more timid...

... but got down and dirty in the end. As one of our friends said, "We're here for the mud!"

We crossed the finish line together, isn't it romantic?

Of course, the post wouldn't be complete without an after pose... we did it! It would have been more dramatic if we had worn white, but hopefully you the idea.


I thought it was funny that this is our shot after we'd "cleaned up" a bit. It was a super fun way to start the day. We had a great time! We may have to find a Mudslinger in our next town... where ever that will be. :)

Thanks Babe for sticking with me to the end!
10 comments:
That looks good not-so-clean fun!
I love love love it. I want to crawl through mud and sling it. I do it everytime the slip and slide comes out. But this was such an official mud gathering. What perfect fun.
that sounds really really fun! how great to do it as a couple. i need to find some fun events like this near me!
You all look great! Good & dirty. It was funny how they made you have to get really muddy at the end. You changed shirts before the last picture. Who was taking the pictures for you? Looks like you all really enjoyed yourselves. Was it only for adults? or could your boys have joined in the fun?
Love you both tons. Mom
I've heard of these races before and have always thought they sound like so much fun! What a great date.
Lucky!! I want to do one to those races. Kim I have to tell you, you look AMAZING!!! You must feel so great. I'm glad to see that you're having fun and getting dirty!
I just wanna know one thing..WHO is that SKINNY LITTLE THING Ethan is running with?!??!?!?!!! WOW!!! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!!! SOMETHING IS WORKING!!!!
PS. What a blast!!!
love Y'ALL!!!!
Jane
Amen to what my mom said!!! Kim you are sooooo sooo skinny!!!!!!! You go girl!!!!! You look like you're 15!!! Love it, I wish I could've participated, sounds like a humongous blast!!!
Holy cow, that looks awesome! My sis wants me to run in something similar with her.....haven't decided yet, mostly because it looks hard!
Fun, but gross! I'd love to do something like that as long as there were showers at the end :)
Post a Comment